Sign in to follow this  
Tech 425

Spider-Man: Homecoming 2: Femme Fatale Update

Spider-Man: Homecoming 2: Femme Fatale Update

image.jpg

Spider-Man Homecoming 2 released a new description for the femme fatale character they plan to cast.

It was initially reported that Spider-Man: Homecoming 2 was looking to cast a femme fatale character back in January. That Hashtag Show received more news from a source about the character. The description they're giving for the role is a "Bond-girl type international agent."

My initial speculation was that they could be looking to add Black Cat or Silver Sable to the movie with Silver & Black in the works right now. However, this description changes things quite a bit. It does open up the door for Jessica Drew to be brought into the film, though.

In the comics, Jessica Drew has an abundance experience as an agent. First, she's with Hydra and betrays them when her order is to kill S.H.I.E.L.D. director Nick Fury. Then, she ends up joining S.H.I.E.L.D. in order to spy on Hydra. Later on in the comics, she receives an offer to work with S.W.O.R.D., too.

In addition to her experience as an agent, she's spent a lot of time overseas. Since the sequel did some production in Berlin, introducing Jessica Drew in the film fits into that scenario. She would certainly be a welcome addition to the universe. Sony has Silver & Black as their main female-lead film right now. With the introduction of Jessica Drew, they could further explore her character with a movie of her own.

This is all speculation at this point, of course, but if this does happen, I'd like the choice. It would open up the opportunity for her as Spider-Woman, too, who has yet to appear in the films.

Spider-Man: Homecoming 2 is set to release on July 5, 2019.

Spider-Man Homecoming 2 released a new description for the femme fatale character they plan to cast. It was initially reported that Spider-Man: Homecoming 2 was looking to cast a femme fatale character back in January.

Edited by Tech 425
Image Fixed