Sign in to follow this  
uk666

Thoughtful Quotes

Thoughtful Quotes

A collection of 24 top quotes by some of history’s greatest thinkers

1. Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it’s thinking of yourself less. – C. S. Lewis
  2. Experience is not what happens to you; it’s what you do with what happens to you. – Aldous Huxley
  3. The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of his wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind. – Khalil Gibran
  4. Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness. – Chinese Proverb
  5. We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. – Albert Einstein
  6. The lonely become either thoughtful or empty. – Mason Cooley
  7. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on or blame. The gift is yours. It is an amazing journey and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the      day your life really begins. – Bob Moawad
  8. An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing. - Nicholas Murray Butler
  9. Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable. – John F. Kennedy
  10. The purest and most thoughtful minds are those which love colour the most. – John Ruskin
  11. Love is an ideal thing, marriage a real thing; a confusion of the real with the ideal never goes unpunished. – Goethe
  12. Life is too important to take seriously. – Corky Siegel
  13. Without order nothing can exist—without chaos nothing can evolve. - Anon
  14. Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing. – Oscar Wilde
  15. It’s not that life has been easy, perfect or exactly as expected. I just choose to be happy and grateful no matter how it all turns out. - Anon
  16. If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed. – Albert Einstein
  17. Love me when I least deserve it because that is when I really need it. – Swedish proverb
  18. Great thoughts speak only to the thoughtful mind, but great actions speak to all mankind. – Theodore Roosevelt
  19. I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love. – Mother Theresa
  20. If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart. – Nelson Mandela
  21. Being human - flaws and intentions People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. – Maya Angelou
  22. No one has ever become poor by giving – Anne Frank
  23. t’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see. – Henry David Thoreau
  24. Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has. – Margaret Mead
  • Like 1