Sign in to follow this  
uk666

Intelligence Quotes

Intelligence Quotes

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Alan Dundes

When someone isn’t smart enough to express their frustration, they use dirty words. Those are words that describe a lack of intelligence. Smart people don’t use those kind of dirty words, because they find it an insult to their intelligence.
Nouman Ali Khan

A sign of intelligence is an awareness of one's own ignorance.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Eleanor Roosevelt

Sometimes the most brilliant and intelligent minds do not shine in standardized tests because they do not have standardized minds.
Diane Ravitch

Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them.
Albert Einstein

You don't have to be a genius when you're surrounded by morons.
Josh Lieb

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
Bertrand Russell

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.
F. Scott Fitzgerald

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein

He must be very ignorant for he answers every question he is asked.
Voltaire

I have always been among those who believed that the greatest freedom of speech was the greatest safety, because if a man is a fool, the best thing to do is to encourage him to advertise the fact by speaking.
Woodrow Wilson

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
George Orwell

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Albert Einstein

Cleverness is not wisdom.
Euripides

Be as smart as you can, but remember that it is always better to be wise than to be smart.
Alan Alda

An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.
Ernest Hemingway

I've always felt that a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic.
Abigail Adams

It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer.
Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
Abraham Lincoln

Anti-social behaviour is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists.
Nikola Tesla

It is no weakness for the wisest man to learn when he is wrong.
Sophocles

It is not clear that intelligence has any long-term survival value.
Stephen Hawking

Unintelligent people always look for a scapegoat.
Ernest Bevin

Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.
Albert Einstein

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honours the servant and has forgotten the gift.
Albert Einstein

If we encounter a man of rare intellect, we should ask him what books he reads.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright Brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.
Carl Sagan

Small minds are concerned with the extraordinary, great minds with the ordinary.
Blaise Pascal

• Like 1