zatoichi999

[SOLVED] playback of video files

some of my favorite video files (which worked previously) now sound like they're on "crack" they are jerky and sound like mickey mouse speaking at the speed of light... the videos are jerky also... incomprehensible sound... i've checked the pc for malware as suggested and updated all video and audio codecs and even tried various decoding/encoding programs to alter the files but to no avail?? any other suggestions... the videos have now been removed from the sites and are no longer able to get them... help in anyways please? a girl has got to get her SRV on at least once a week! ;-) thanks everyone

is it just these videos, or ALL videos? need more info please. thanks!

Parker216

_

So the videos that you are having problems with, do these have the same ext and what are the ext's? Have you tried GOM player?

• Like 1

thank you for helping me... different .mp4, flv, etc... have tried gom. vlc, various other apps but the same results... guess i'll have to mourn the loss and try to move on... i just need to make sure other files don't get "corrupted" too... one other note ... it seems to have happened during the 1:1 copy from one hard drive to another bup drive... i don't know if that had anything to do with it for those particular files... others not affected... anywho thank you for viewing and return replying :rolleyes: great group of folks here in :rolleyes: cyberw land

No problem. I know you were looking for a fix but I do believe what you said that the files are currupted and it is possible that this happened as you said when you transfered to a backup drive. Can you please let us know what you used to backup with? did you move them just through windows or were you using a 3rd party software to backup your videos?

• Like 1

thank you for the post... admittedly i just , as best i recall, just opened two explorer-like windows from the sending hd and the other from the rcving then just selected and dragged them to the desired backup hd. no special bup proggie used... side note , actually a ? in disguse... do you ever type and not lookk at the screen and when you finally look up to admire your work, it's all jumbled... the end of the sentence is somewhere at the beginning or middle of the sentence typed... i get that alot... im in win7 home p... has that got something to do with the OS, is it a fluke? or is there a system tweak to fix it? i downloaded win7 tweaker several times only to find each time it's in another lang eng not being able to be selected... any suggestions? i know i'm testing your already abounding limits of patience.. please forgive if i get on your nerves... thanks again

Hmmmmm what Brand of drive are you talking about here and do you have the drive running all the time or do you switch the drive off?

if you switch the drive off do you do it in the correct way? Any stored data can be corrupted if you shut down the drive incorrectly.

Is it all different file extensions to the video files you refer to? !s it only the ones you backed up.? What did you do with the originals

if you were backing up or was it actually a file transfer.?

wow great insight! brand of bup drive "G" raid and no i don't leave it on all the time... i'm a little leary of doing so... funny..i don't trust the integrity of todays electronics... or at least that's what i've been told by more senior than i... i think i try to let the drive be shut down properly.. until the "ejected" drive disappears from the screen... i transfer files from my laptop PC to a imac then to the bup drive ... only the ones (the only ones left) that i "buped" and finally i can say it would probably be considered a file transfer and not an actual bup with bup software... thank you for your post and insight... u and fennfam3 give this place the rep it "owns" tyvm

Are you trying to play these videos off of the backup drive? Have you tried to take one of the "currupted" videos and tranfer back to pc and see if it works that way?

As far as the typing issue goes, that is common on laptops due to palm of your hand is touching the mouse pad. Some manufaturers have their own little mouse pad program that helps elimate this issue. You will have to see if your laptop as this program. For example, I have a Dell and the program is called Dell Touchpad and the setting in it is called Touch Check and from there you adjust the sensitivity.

Not sure if there is a 3rd party program that you can download or not.

• Like 1

I'm with you fennfam3 I'm thinkin' incompatibility from pc to imac.........could be wrong though.

A good way to help with typing on laptop is to use a riser to lift rear of laptop. or you could use a usb keyboard

Why don't you transfer from pc directly to bup....I'm guessing it's for imac.

i think you're both spot-on! thank you for your patience and helpful insights... you're what makes this sharing is caring all only about! i find that it's not just videos file but exe's, isos, some rar's i think you right about imac to pc and back again... i'll do it right from now on... also i too have a dell i'll try the touchpad prog... tyvm both of you i think i'll stop asking ?'s now... thank you both again...

• Like 2