Sign in to follow this  
Tech 425

Report Dead Links - Instructions with LinkChecker

Report Dead Links - Instructions with LinkChecker 

Report-2.png

Us CyberPhoenix Staff use a Linkchecker to help with finding dead links

This can help you by not clicking a link and then find out it is Dead - You can also be a Big help and Report that Post that has a Dead Link

When you Report a Post, Please put in the Comment why you are Reporting (Post has Dead Link)

I have to Give a Big Thank You to w.a.r.  :thankyou: :yourock:

I use FireFox and Opera browser, But here are the instructions for Chrome also  

1st: You will need a LinkChecker add-on for your Browser

I Like Violentmonkey, But you can use Tampermonkey or Greasemonkey (These instruction below say Greasemonkey, But they are about the same for Violentmonkey and Tampermonkey)

Violentmonkey For Chrome Browser -  Violentmonkey
Violentmonkey For Firefox Browser -   Violentmonkey

For Opera Browser you will need - Install Chrome Extensions - This has to be done because Opera doesn't want to go though all the code, But Google did to Verify

Violentmonkey For Opera Browser -    Violentmonkey

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Greasemonkey For Chrome Browser -  Not Available
Greasemonkey For Firefox Browser -   Greasemonkey
Greasemonkey For Opera Browser -    Not Available

Tampermonkey For Chrome Browser -  Tampermonkey
Tampermonkey For Firefox Browser -   Tampermonkey
Tampermonkey For Opera Browser -    Tampermonkey

After you get Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey or Greasemonkey Add-On installed in your Browser (Only Install 1 of them)

Then you will need to add a Script to the LinkChecker, So the Add-On knows what to look for

We here at CyberPhoenix Love W.A.R. Links Checker Premium

1. To get W.A.R Links Checker Premium go to it's Homepage and click on the install button.

http://usa.x10host.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=23

image.png

Automatically checks links from hundreds of file hosts.

Live Links show green
Dead Links show red
Premium Only Links show pink
Temporary Unavailable Links show yellow

image.jpg

When the Greasemonkey pop-up asks to install the script click install

image.jpg

After installing you need to open the configuration window and enable the hosts, for firefox Open the configuration window by hitting CTRL+ALT+C on the keyboard or from the Greasemonkey drop down list (I just click Greasemonkey and use the drop down list)

W.A.R. Links Checker Premium is now installed.

2. Configuration:

After installing you need to configure the script before it will work.

Opening the configuration window, there is 2 ways to do this...

Hit the CTRL+ALT+C keys on your keyboard all at the same time.
or
Open the configuration window with the greasemonkey dropdown menu
1..click the greasemonkey icon
2.. click on user script commands
3.. click on [W.A.R. Links Checker] Configuration

image.jpg

Configuration window.

This window Is where you will select the settings to setup the script.

Filehostings Tab:
Here is a list of all the file hosts that the script can check.
you need to enable the hosts you want the script to check by putting a check in the box next to the host(s) name, You can select only the hosts you want or just click the select all tab to select all hosts.

image.jpg

Near the bottom of the host list is a section for Obsolete hosts (hosts that no longer exist) If you put a check in the box it will mark any links from those obsolete hosts as dead links, If un-checked the links will not be marked at all.

image.jpg

Containers Tab:
This is the list of hosts that are used to have a single link to a file page but on that page there are links to many different file hosts, You enable these hosts the same way as the ones in the Filehostings Tab.
NOTE: I am no longer supporting these kinds of hosts in the script so some of these work and some don't.

image.jpg

If you want the Script to be able to Automatically Update when new versions come out for Firefox go to Greasemonkey options and make sure the require secure updates box is un-ckecked

image.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After you get Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey or Greasemonkey Add-On installed in your Browser (Only Install 1 of them)

And W.A.R. Links Checker Premium installed and did the Configuration, Then go to a post you like and look at the Download Links and you should see this:

2.png

• Thanks 1

To check to see if your Version of W.A.R. Links Checker Premium is the latest version and also to see the the update info

http://usa.x10host.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=31&page=22

Now I picked the last page, But as more updates come you will have to go to the last page

• Thanks 1

If you have a problem, Please post it here and I will do all I can to help you :)

• Thanks 1

If your using firefox 57 or higher you need to use violentmonkey or tampermonkey, greasemonkey 4.0 or higher will no longer run the script.

If your using firefox 56 or lower it will run on greasemonkey 3.17, make sure that it is set not to update or it will update to the newer version and stop working.

The first time you use the script a window may pop up asking for permission, click the always allow all domains button to allow the script to work.

zogbwkqbihdv.jpg

• Thanks 2