Sign in to follow this  
uk666

Facebook takes data from my phone – but I don't have an account!'

Facebook takes data from my phone – but I don't have an account!'

Users finds mobile apps can't be cut or quieted

Facebook1.jpg

Anyone who uses the Facebook phone app knows what a toll it can take both on your mobile data and free time to be plugged into the social network through your device.

But what happens if you don't even have an account, you can't remove the app, and the social network won't leave you alone?

That's a problem facing folks around the world. One Register reader told us this week the Facebook apps on his Sprint LG handset are transmitting mysterious information in the background back to Facebook's servers, even though he doesn't have an account with the social network, isn't therefore logged in, and has repeatedly tried to turn off background data.

And the software cannot be removed without, presumably, unlocking or rooting the device.

"Since these are system apps, they can't be uninstalled. I can't even disable many of them," our reader, who wished to remain anonymous, said.

"When I uninstall updates on these apps and disable their access to use data in the background, within minutes they have all somehow turned their ability to use background data back on and have reinstalled all the updates that I manually uninstalled."

This comes as Facebook is given as a default application on phones, and as a result user cannot actually remove the app.

That’s right, if you have a phone that came with Facebook pre-installed, you’re stuck with it – the only way to actually remove the app is through an arduous process.

This process involves downloading software on your computer, putting this on a USB and completing an additional 13 steps, involving the input of various commands into the phone. theregister

• Like 1

Errrrrrrr Facebook need to be shutdown :cursing::gunsmilie::devil:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/1/2018 at 6:59 PM, Tech 425 said:

Errrrrrrr Facebook need to be shutdown :cursing::gunsmilie::devil:

totally agree.. :matrix:

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this