Sign in to follow this  
uk666

Dog Proverbs

Dog Proverbs

1.    Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot about little puppies.
•    Gene Hill

2.    In dog years, I am dead.
•    Unknown

3.    Dogs feel very strongly that they should always go with you in the car, in case the need should arise for them to bark violently at nothing right in your ear.
•    Dave Barry

4.    The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage.
•    Danish Proverb

5.    Outside of a dog, a book is probably man's best friend, and inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. 
•    Groucho Marx.

6.    The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies is lunch.
•    Michael Friedman

7.    To his dog, every man is Napoleon; hence the constant popularity of dogs.
•    Aldous Huxley

8.    Did you ever walk into a room and forget why you walked in? I think that is how dogs spend their lives.
•    Sue Murphy

9.    Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic insomniac who stays up all night wondering if there really is a Dog?
•    Unknown

10.    I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.
•    Unknown

11.    I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven't got the guts to bite people themselves.
•    August Strindberg

12.    No animal should ever jump up on the dining-room furniture unless absolutely certain that he can hold his own in the conversation.
•    Fran Lebowitz

13.    Ever consider what they must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a grocery store with the most amazing haul- chicken, pork, half cow. They must think we're the greatest hunters on earth.
•    Anne Tyler

14.    I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.
•    Rita Rudner

15.    My dog is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to 99 cents a can. That's almost $7.00 in dog money.
•    Joe Weinstein

16.    Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant.
•    Unknown

17.    If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few persons.
•    James Thurber

18.    You enter into a certain amount of madness when you marry a person with pets.
•    Nora Ephron

19.    Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.
•    Ann Landers

20.    Women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
•    Robert A. Heinlein

21.    In order to keep a true perspective of one's importance, everyone should have a dog that will worship him and a cat that will ignore him.
•    Dereke Bruce

22.    There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.
•    Ben Williams

23.    When a man's best friend is his dog, that dog has a problem.
•    Edward Abbey

24.    Cat's Motto: No matter what you've done wrong, always try to make it look like the dog did it.
•    Unknown

25.    No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does.
•    Christopher Morley

26.    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
•    Josh Billings

27.    Man is a dog's idea of what God should be.
•    Holbrook Jackson

28.    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person is.
•    Andrew A. Rooney

29.    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
•    Unknown

30.    Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.
•    Mark Twain

31.    I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.
•    Abraham Lincoln

32.    Money will buy a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail.
•    Josh Billings

33.    The best thing about a man is his dog.
•    French Proverb

34.    The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
•    Anonymous

35.    The dogs came and licked his sores.
•    Luke 16:2

36.    Dogs like to obey. It gives them security.
•    James Herriot

37.    Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative.
•    Mordecai Siegal

38.    It is fatal to let any dog know that he is funny, for he immediately looses his head and starts hamming it up.
•    P.G. Woodehouse

39.    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
•    Will Rogers

40.    Dogs need to sniff the ground; it's how they keep abreast of current events. The ground is a giant dog newspaper, containing all kinds of late-breaking dog news items, which, if they are especially urgent, are often, continued in the next yard. 
•    Dave Barry

41.    Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog.
•    Franklin P. Jones

42.    If your dog is fat, you aren't getting enough exercise.
•    Unknown

43.    I wonder what goes through his mind when he sees us peeing in his water bowl.
•    Penny Ward Moser

44.    A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
•    Robert Benchley

45.    We give dog’s time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. In return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
•    M. Facklam