Sign in to follow this  
qazx

Apple mini Ipad & Epubs

Hi Guys,

I usually go with Android systems for phone and tablets due to the ease with transferring files to that type of hardware, ie sideloading etc.

I thought I'd ask any Apple users if there is an easy way to do the same with Ipads, without transferring files through I tunes.

In particular I'd want to get my Epub books into the mini ipad and read them with an App like Kindle or similar.

I realize I might have to convert them first to Mobi files which isn't a problem using Calibre.

Any suggestions? :unsure:

On 11/21/2018 at 3:35 PM, qazx said:

In particular I'd want to get my Epub books into the mini ipad and read them with an App like Kindle or similar.

I realize I might have to convert them first to Mobi files which isn't a problem using Calibre.

Why don't you convert EPUB to PDF? Just as easy to read on iPad

4 hours ago, qazx said:

Ok never thought of that, thanks for your input. ☺

Got best results with EPUB_ULTIMATE portable. While application installs on Windows XP, for me it returns error when running. I'm not sure if it's just a personal issue. I use it on Windows 7. By the way, it converts to MOBI too, though I've never used it for that. Converting to PDF, you get better results if you optimize the size of your new PDF files. Size difference might be quite significative!

Sign in to follow this