ski9826

Search function

Hello,

I would love it if we use 3-letter words in the search box. I'm not sure if this puts a larger load on the processing requirements of searches, but it would be really nice. For an example, I was looking for some posts regarding SQL and had some difficulties finding what I was looking for. I am guessing there is a good reason for requiring 4 digits or more in your search query, but if at all possible it would be nice to reduce it to a minimum of 3.

Thanks,

ski9826

• Like 1

That would work for me to. I was seaching for DFX the other day ...but... the search engine doesn't like such short strings

Most forum search engines restrict the character limit of 4 I find that it pays to use the advanced search function. Whilst not that great it does make searching easier.

If I were to search for Jerry Lee Lewis I'm in trouble straight away because of the word Lee and its character total of 3. However If I was to place the same search in

quotation marks thus "Jerry Lee Lewis" I am telling the search engine to take note of all words in the search as one sentence NOT as 3 separate words.

The key to a good search is the information posted. Everyone should make the title of their threads as informative as possible without abbreviartion. Applying tags can be useful too.

• Like 1

Get a useful search, the current one is no good

<Moved from thread *Suggestion'~>

Edited by The Last Wicked

A tutorial video is coming on this topic soon, watch the space in the "Newbie Zone".