sama

Toshiba Laptop won't display

Toshiba A665-3DV1 could Power on boot fine suddenly won't displayed on the LCD screen but, could display fine on LCD Monitor via HDMI . should I replace the LCD screen or something else? please provide the idea suggesting what I have to do on it to resolve.

@vigneshnallamad may very well be correct but before you go there try and see if by chance you have accidently turned off the laptop monitor. To do this, press the Function key and F5 simultaniously and see if the laptop monitor comes back on. fnf5.png

If not then while holding the Function key, tap the F5 button and it should toggle through some display options. Do this with external monitor hooked up.

Also check the drivers are ok.

1. Go to Start
  2. In the search box, type Device Manager and press Enter
  3. Now that you are in Device Manager, click on View then Select Show Hidden Devices
  4. If there is a problem, you will see a small icon over the top of another icon which will be a ? mark or ! mark. Both will be Yellow

This is probably not the issue but worth checking. See if by chance the Power settings have been changed. I have seen on a laptop where the person had changed the Display so dim that every time you ran off of the battery it would dim to the point you could not see anything on the monitor. Quick and simple fix.

Last but not least, If your laptop is still under warranty then you should send it in if it ends up being the monitor went bad.

Get back with us on your findings.

fennfam3

• Like 2

I'll agree with fennfam3 to rule out all possibilities first...so in this case @vigneshnallamad he has a good question.

In the boot sequence, I'm not sure that the screen is 100% active, but should be since it's following a process, but don't recall which is first, some combination of keyboard, screen, mouse takes place and one can fail and the others will move on. So yes it's possible here...so the thing is try to rule out all possible, B4 spending money on a monitor...

i had problem like this.i was about to send to fix.so i took memory out.memory was out at the time.then friend of my say let me try it before u send . i try to turn on ,next thing it turn on & i see some thing on screen.then i try to put 1 memory (must be a good one) next thing i know it start boot up & i see screen was working fine.i try with both memory same problem. then i found out it was memory cause a problem. i hope this may help. small thing some time make a big problem

• Like 1

@fennfam3 buddy if tht was the case atleast bios window would be visible in the beginning right? im just asking for knowledge...

Actually it should show up during boot and If it is not then once again leaning towards a hardware failure. It could also be video card issue.

@sama,

Try what I stated earlier and if that does not seen to fix the issue then one more simple thing to do is a system restore. I am only saying this in case for some reason something else is corrupted then a system restore can fix the issues. Slim chance but worth a try.

Let us know.

• Like 3

fennfam, daytrader and bichoo all have great suggestions. I assume since you have a boot screen that the onboard graphics chip is fine, or you wouldnt see anything, so try the things that fennfam suggested. Check your POST, go into BIOS settings and make sure the POST boot screen is activated and do as daytrader suggested and look to see if the monitor POST checks OK. also, go into bios settings and see if the monitor is found by the BIOS check. also check to make sure that you have the laptop monitor selected as main monitor, you can do this in control panel. now, Ive never had a bad memory stick cause a monitor to go out, but, I have had bad ram sticks cause other crazy things to happen (btw, check memory installation check in POST check screen as well) so check them as bichoo suggested.

One question: is the laptop responsive at all? I mean, can you tab your way through the screen and shut it down? If you can, try this using the hdmi monitor and see if the lappy is responsive at all. This could mean the difference in fixing it yourself and sending it to the manufacturer. I hope something here helps, I think everyone has covered pretty much everything that could be causing the problem.

I really dont think that the screen needs to be replaced if you are getting the POST (or boot) screen. Please let us know any info you have after trying these things out. Good Luck!!!!

Parker216

_

• Like 2

Thanks all of you to provided the ideas . it could boot to BIOS via HDMI to see it on a LCD Monitor I have reset BIOS F9 save F10 but, works nothing on screen, have replaced the new Ram with a ram slot and swap to another ram slot is nothing. have press FN + F5 still nothing. probably 90% is a LCD screen issues or inverter- cable.

• Like 1

Is the laptop still under warranty? If so, then you will need to get it fixed through Toshiba. Sorry we could not help getting back up without going to this extent.

fennfam3

well sama, with all the things youve treid and had no success, I would say send it to toshiba if its under warrant like fennfam said. if its out of warranty, then take it to a pc shop you can trust. sorry pal, wish we could help you more. let us know if there is anything more we can do.

The warranty was expired. I agreed to send to PC shop that the way I should to do. I have review all our friends suggested and following step by step. I pointing is between motherboard to LCD laptop that is issues.

• Like 1

I tried to tested with another screen isn't the same but A665 model, Why did not work. what are different on these both when open up, the 3DV1 had two connect on motherboard and had a little board behind a screen down there. another one only one connect on motherboard direct to a screen and no little board behind a screen.

It sounds like it is not compatible. Best thing to do is get your model # (it will be something like this PSAW3U-1F903C) and use exact replacement.

yeah, that other screen is certainly not compatible if its missing a needed connector. the old screen uses 2 connectors for a reason. be VERY and I mean V-E-R-Y careful when mix-matching components. that is a terrific way to burn out any number of poly-fuses or caps/diodes on the MoBo real quick. then before you know it you've bricked it and its worthless. really hate to see that happen to you. Good Luck!!!

Parker216

_

• Like 1