Sign in to follow this  
Rædwulf

I Need Major Support And Im Calling On All Of The Members

Im Calling On All Of The Members To Please Come To My Aid!!!

so a question was presented to me to possibly add a search bar and item naming feature to my server??

this was honest response to that question, that broke me to have to ask for major support.. so hear i am asking for it.. my response is my question and the need for support, below >>>

well i initially ran a FTP server for everyone and then i, seriously tested every piece of FTP server on the market, no lie.. and just wasn't happy with any of them.. i wanted something that had a GUI with it and to be honest.. i do security.. i have zero knowledge with scripting when i comes to web design.. i looked into all the website scripts first starting with Joomla, PHP, Javascript, Python, Wordpress etc. then to Apache.. i dont have a ton of experience with MySQL either.. lol.. so after to checking into some other pre-package software.. i stumbled across HFS HTTP Server.. i choose it basically for two reasons.. 1 - it came with 5 different pre-configured templates and 2 - the template software works with HFS to make the HTML code in the template dynamic.. which means i can add files to the pre-selected drives that i choose to work within the root directory and i don't have to manually update the template software every time.. that just will not work at all, with all the GB's i download everyday and store in those drives strictly for the server.. but the problems with HFS r alot man.. first it's a strictly only portable software, no installer available and i don't like that one bit.. cuz it has a tendency to freeze and sometimes crash when it's over loaded and that primarily due to it being a standalone application.. on top of that there isn't any good API's or code snippets i can inject into the HTML code for customizing the template to add new features.. like a search bar, of coarse it needs that.. lol.. especially in the movies directory, where theres over a 1000 files all in one column.. talk about a huge hassle to try to sift through that swamp.. so i started digging into many Webserver applications and none of them suit my needs.. most of all of them r primarily geared for Cloud Hosting, like that crappy Synology site or there strictly for NAS and Cloud only.. im at my wits end here.. i found one last gem of a program called FuguHub, that truly looks promising.. if that doesn't work then, im seriously tapped out.. if only i knew more about scripting languages.. id have more options here.. if possibly u have any knowledge on this unforgiving bind, ive gotten myself into here.. im all ears.. ive not asked for help once since i started this crazy endeavor 6 months ago to make an awesome server to share.. with basically elementary knowledge on most this stuff singularly, but thats the problem.. it's never just one program.. it's many programs having to work together like a dang jigsaw puzzle that must work perfectly together.. i mean i had to have a server program run perfectly on my system, then configure that to run through my firewall, then configure that to work in congruence with my VPN.. then that of course made have to run a DDNS program to point the VPN address to the server and not my WAN.. then add all of that hell all together.. it then all seamlessly together had to be cross configured to run through my router and praying to any god that i didn't get NAT'd or Loopbacked by the router.. but in the end after at least a minimum of 40 hrs playing with it all, tweaking everything just right.. i finally got it and now the program im using, HFS just isn't cutting it.. so yeah that's where im at with ur request for a search bar feature and adding items to it.. lmao.. but ill suck it up and quit whining about it and figure out a solution and soldier on.. END OF RANT.. any help would be greatly appreciated, if u can.. thank u for reading this whole mess, my friend.. :pirate:

So please if anyone can lend just a lil hand to me.. maybe spitballing all together.. we can figure out a more viable solution then what i have now.. i thank u all kindly in advance, ur friend Rædwulf.. :friends2:

• Like 1

While folks do need to wade through, and a search bar would be great, I wouldn't bust my brain on it. Getting it to run in a stable way would give you peace of mind though. Most of what I've been doing is with NAS servers so not much help as yours is a completely different animal. If I find or think of something I'll surely speak up though.

:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

HFS HTTP Server

Have you tried:

http://www.rejetto.com/hfs/?f=support

Templates:

http://rejetto.com/forum/index.php?board=24.0

Ask a Question:

http://rejetto.com/forum/index.php?c=6

7 hours ago, uk666 said:

HFS HTTP Server

Have you tried:

http://www.rejetto.com/hfs/?f=support

Templates:

http://rejetto.com/forum/index.php?board=24.0

Ask a Question:

http://rejetto.com/forum/index.php?c=6

yeah the templates that ive used from the start have been RAWR-Designs which r directly affiliated with rejetto.com.. thank for trying to me out, mate.. i really appreciate it.. :friends2:

• Like 1

I haven't the foggiest when it comes to that stuff Raedwulf, but if asked if I wanted a search bar or a stable system that didn't crash, Id go with stable.

The alphabetical method is helpful. 

You've done amazing mate.

• Thanks 1

thank u, sir.. i guess i can't really explain it.. i want it better, with all the required features u all want.. and i am unbelievably frustrated at myself, because i can't figure out how to do it.. i know it's possible, i just know it.. ill figure it out, because i won't quit searching for the answer.. actually i honestly just put this support thread out there thinking i might get a quick tip on some new applications that i haven't already tried that might work.. thank u again qazx for the support, cheers mate.. :sun: