Rædwulf

My New Computer

If you need a better video card this HP has a 600watt power supply so you could add this Geforce RTX 2060  $359.99

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1452261-REG/zotac_zt_t20600d_10m_geforce_rtx_2060_ampgb.html?SID=pcg-1145045937732247974

Edited by Rædwulf
Live Links Are Forbidden
  • Like 2

Well I do like the idea of 2 CPU system - I want a power house of a computer - Gaming is a after thought

When I get or build a new system this Earthling Christmas time (I'm from Pluto, But I love Earth - We just have a problem with Uranus ;) ) I just want my new system to be Powerful and Rock Steady 

• Like 1

You guys are amazing and make us humble slow brainers drool...

Good luck down the road with all that power and speed...  woo woo....

I upgraded my rig a few months ago. I had 2 - 8gb, but they were kind of crappy and I upgraded my gfx card as well. I went from a ASUS GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB to a much superior MSI Radeon RX 580 ARMOR 8G OC... :thumbup:

Since you all spoke so highly of AMD Ryzen cpus, I decided to try one.  I bought an HP Pavilion TP01-0066 for $500 USD delivered. It has the following specs

• AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8 Core processor
  • 8GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (Upgradable to 32GB)  I did upgrade to 32GB
  • 256GB SATA M.2 solid state drive
  • DVD writer
  • AMD Radeon 550 graphics (2 GB GDDR5 dedicated)  I know, a crap card but the RTX 3070 that only pulls 220 watts can't be found anywhere for list price or less, so I will wait.
  • 802.11ac 2 x 2 Wireless and Bluetooth 4.2 combo
  • Rear Ports: 4 USB 2.0, 1 HDMI, 1 DisplayPort, 1 DVI-D
  • Front Ports: 1 USB 3.1 Type-C Gen 1, 4 USB 3.1 Gen 1

It renders twice as fast as my HP Z800 with twin xenon x5675 at 3.07ghz (basically 24 virtual cores) 32gb ram with a GTX 1060 6gb.  It yields real time encoding (1 1/2 hour movie renders in 1 1/2 hrs). Thanks for letting me know about AMD.

I waited a long time to update my computer. It was worth the wait. This thing is fast. I love the speed of the hard drives. I noticed right away when copying from old hard drive to new ones how much faster it went. I will at some point play with the settings more

https://valid.x86.fr/n967ud