oneoone

[SOLVED] BSOD when installing windows

everytime I try to install windows vista or 7 I get the BSOD

it says

STOP: 0x0000008E ( 0x0000005, 0x8B748FED, 0x827D01f4, 0x00000000 )

any ideas, Im really stuck on this one

Thank you

Are you trying to install vista or 7 over an exisiting OS? are they full ver or upgrade OS's? If so then you may have a registry issue, hdd issue, mem issue etc.

Please give us details to your computer,

Also, a clean install is always the best way to go but please give details and are you willing to do a clean install and back up anything that you see to be valuable.

If you bought the computer from store then just need make and model. If not please provide the following:

OS

Processor

Size of HDD

Memory amount

Video card

Unless you know for sure that you can install vista or 7 on your computer.

H

Thanks for getting back to me. I first tried to upgrade but after getting the bsod everytime windows starts installing ( it stops when its exspanding files ) I formatted the HDD and and it dose the same with a clean install. it just gets to the same stage and cuts out.

the laptop came with Vista premium on it and thats what I am putting back on. I also have a copy of windows 7 and it dose the same thing :wacko:.

Easynote TJ65

OS -formatted but had Vista on it

Processor intel Pentium Dual core T4500 2.3ghz

Size of HDD 250GB

Memory amount 4 GB

Video card integrated... not sure

its just doing my head in so any help would be great.

Thanks mate

oneoone,

Sorry for getting back with you on this so late but had to leave to help a friend of mine that is blind. Any how, everything looks fine as far as the specs go. So It looks like we will have to do some simple things first to try and narrow down the issue.

First things first:

• Run updated AV and Malwarebytes to eleminate any virus/malware. Run both in Safe Mode. This is assuming you have Vista back up and running.
  • Go to your manufacturer and update all drivers. Main one is the Disk controller.
  • Update your BIOS if there is a newer version then yours. You can check in your BIOS for the version you currently have.
  • Put Windows 7 disc in and reboot. You may need to look into your BIOS and set CD as first boot option. By default this should already be set this way.

Let us know what has happened and If you need any help with the above.

Its All done, Thanx Fennfam3 and the Cyberwarez Tec team, it was the Ram just like you said ! :cwrocks:

:yourock: [sOLVED] :yourock:

• Like 1

The problem that @oneoone was having was a BSOD even after formating the HDD. This paticular situation was that it was faulty RAM. We ended up PMing each other on this and I suggested to remove one of the 2 memory sticks and try installing windows. If problem still happened then to swap out the memory sticks and try again. What this did was indicate that one of the sticks was faulty and once the bad stick was removed then it allowed @oneoone to install windows.

good job @fennfam3! and way to go @oneoone! as I stated in another post in the forum, RAM can make a PC do some stupid and wacky things. sometimes these malfunctions wouldn't seem to be connected to RAM at all :blink: , but if you think about it, ALL instructions travel through the RAM at some point, so it is always worth a try to give it a look! :D

• Like 1