dirtylow

SlipStream Win7

Greetingz All ;)

I just bought a new laptop & Im putting Fedora on it.

I want 2 slipstream the preloaded Win7 recovery data so I could install it 2 another machine since I wont b using it otherwise.

So in summary does any1 know how I can make a slipstream copy of Win7 with my recovery data/discs that will install Win7 on a machine of my liking.

Any help in this situation will b appreciated.

If I make any headway on this I will update U guyz. ;)

Thanks Again

Peace

dirty ;}

You can try vlite

http://www.vlite.net/about.html

The following links are for slipstream adding SP1 but may give valuble info to add other

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc748933%28WS.10%29.aspx
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/145343-slipstream-windows-7-sp1-into-installation-dvd-iso-file.html

Sorry that this is all I can offer dirtylow

• Like 2

@ vigneshnallamad yeah I got the data in all types of ways. I got the partition & could make the media.

My laptop just arrived yesterday. 1st thing I did waz take out the OEM HDD & make an image with Acronis.

Then 2 verify that it will work in the future I restored the new image 2 a spare HDD.

That worked. All 4 drives restored. lenovo has 2 visible partitions & 2 invisible

Windowz wanted 2 detect devices & setup I just shut it down.

Because I want Fadora on this machine. So I am not going 2 be using this OS that came preloaded.

I do however have a spare Desktop PC that I would like 2 put my unused preloaded OS on.

I called lenovo after getting tired of waiting for a rep in chat for 4 episodes of batman, so that waz like 40 minz or a little more.

Waiting 2 speak 2 some1 waz another 4 epiz of batman. 120+ minz of waiting. No1 ever did come 2 chat in that time.

But they did answer the phone & I told them 2 send me install discs & they said they cant send install just recovery.

I replied that the Windowz EULA is for 1 PC but it doesnt have 2 b this lenovo if I have no use 4 it on this machine.

Furthermore when the board is toast I will no longer b able 2 use this legal copy of Windowz that I own.

Well that waz a dead end.

Anyway I waz thinking & I remember being able 2 slipstream a preloaded copy of XP.

So that it waz stripped down just the OS & none of the manufactures junk.

The copy I made years ago is bootable & will do a clean install on any PC I run it on.

So what I want 2 do is make my own install disc using the recovery media [i thought that waz how I did it last time]

But I see some people speaking about a system disc from the OS. Yeah I could do this but it will have all the

lenovo driverz & Windowz will have a fit if I try to use a system disc image as an install image on another PC, no?

A bit long winded but know U know all the dirty detailz

Thanks 4 Ur replies, ?s, & comments.

dirty ;}

yeah should be lotsa resources for this, like sevenforums, which will show how its done...myself not tried, so can't speak from experience...but I see you got it sorted..

• Like 2

dude when u hav extracted the os from the recovery partition open the image file in winrar... i think all those junk drivers and stuff will be in a separate folder delete it... make a new bootable image and burn it to a dvd...

Windows 7 has a backup built in it - use it to make a bakeup and a start up disk and that will work without buying or adding any extra stuff.

Me I made sure I had all the Windows Update done to date and then I ran the Windows Backup and worked great for me.

• Like 2

ok thanks guyz

I will try the above suggestions on like Monday, or Tuesday.

It soundz right. I mean easy enough & I think its right because last time I did it, it didnt seem hard at all & pretty straight forward just like the last 2 suggestions.

Will post my findingz on Wednesday or Tuesday thanks again 4 every1z help.

dirty ;}

Go to TheElderGeek.com, this website has tuts on Slipstreaming from XP to Win7 and Win8 beta.

• Like 1

Hey Gang,

I know I said I would get back by 2day so the update is I havent had a chance 2 try any of this yet.

Sorry.

[irrelevant side-note]

I should have time soon but I have 2 tweak my resume now I just got a phone call 4 work in my range $26. per hr.

I told him I dont have any practical experience in a work environment with computerz but have been working toward & preparing myself
:smartass:
4 the opportunity for several yearz.

Told him about some of the programs I have written & how much I love code. He replied I have a different job that U would b more qualified 4 it starts @ $36. per hr.
:hurrah:

So I ask him 2 get me the description & I would give him a revised resume.
:big_boss:

Though I doubt I will get this job because I dont have a squeaky clean background. lolz I waz a teenager once
:D
. This job would probably require it. Its 4 an aerospace manufacture.

:eek:
This is most profound because of something
:alien2:
I just started applying with very deliberate intention. I will update my profile with it though the last part of my answerz izent finished yet.

@ the bottom I will leave the template text so U dont have 2 type it out if U want 2 apply the same 4 Urself.

[end-note]

Thanks 4 the great suggestionz & quick responses. cw%29.gif

dirty ;p

Good luck @dirtylow. Keep a positve attitude and Brag, Brag, Brag about yourself and you will land this great opportunity.

Please keep in touch with original post findings and everyone here will keep trying to help you if you need us.

wish you the best of luck dirty! Keep on it and that job will be yours bro! Good Luck!!!

Parker216

_

• Like 1