Sign in to follow this  
makongma

Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers installing [Completed]

I have this problem in Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers. After completed the installation and after reboot, when I check the Device manager there is no Realtek folder. In Program file the Realtek folder is below 4 MB. where as the downloaded Realtek driver is more then 150 MB. depend on the version. It seem the Realtek driver compondent folder is missing or hidden somewhere. I have tried older version and from the morther board munufacter all seem the same problem.

I am running Windows 7 professional 32 Bit. Sound card Creative audio PCI (ES1371,ES1373) (WDM), mother board Gigabyte G41M-ES2L
In Device manager there is no Realtek folder but a folder by the name AMD High Defination Audio Driver is there.
In the uninstaller the Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers is shown which is more then 150 MB. I do hope some one can help to solve my problem. Thanks.

Edited by Rædwulf
Completed
  • Like 1

im just spitballing here, but this is my first crack at this puzzle of drivers u have goin on here.. :dash:

first off ur motherboard supports onboard Realtek audio, but ur sound card is Creative.. which obviously these 2 r going to conflict with one another.. i say when u install the Realtek and reboot, the system defaults to ur installed PCI device.. which then erases ur Realtek.. :cursing:

u need to choose one.. it is counter productive to have the Creative PCI installed at all, if ur trying to use the onboard audio of the motherboard which uses Realtek.. :thumbsup:

pick one, then make sure to fully remove all program & driver files belonging to the removed audio hardware.. run a junk & registry cleaner (ex. CCleaner).. reboot, then install the chosen audio hardware's proper drivers, reboot.. after all of this, if u still require further assistance.. ill be here to help.. cheers, mate.. :handshake: 

• Like 1

I just installed Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers V 6.0.8742.1 it installed OK but there is no sound, there is no Realtek  folder in control panel, and in device manager, multimedia audio controller is with a exclamation mark. In the sound icon there is no realtek audio icon except AMD HDMI Output icon. What am I to do now. Thanks.

• Like 1

i already told u what to do and all u did was change ur initial question around and re-ask it.. as long as u have 2 competing hardware, ur going to have errors and complications.. re-read what i already posted.. :big_boss:

u need to choose one.. it is counter productive to have the Creative PCI installed at all, if ur trying to use the onboard audio of the motherboard which uses Realtek.. :thumbsup:

pick one, then make sure to fully remove all program & driver files belonging to the removed audio hardware.. run a junk & registry cleaner (ex. CCleaner).. reboot, then install the chosen audio hardware's proper drivers, reboot.. after all of this, if u still require further assistance.. ill be here to help.. cheers, mate.. :handshake: 

Thanks for your prompt reply. Yes I followed what you have mentioned and reboot after uninstalling the Creactive PCI driver. i do hope you understand what I said.

• Like 1

so after that, u then attempted to install Realtel and after a reboot.. it's still only registering the program partially installed and your sound of course still isn't working?? is this exactly where we r now?? the Creative PCI is like u said above removed & the drivers, along with it?? did u also run a registry error & junk ccleaner??

i know this might sound redundant, but i need to know exactly where we r to property troubleshoot u.. which is actually the game of deduction, so we'll get this figured out, makongma.. :thumbsup:

OK  to resolve  what I mentioned and to misunderstanding what I mean when I said ( maybe what I  say that you do not understand well ). Actually my mother board is not working due to a faulty audio chip so I replace a PCI sound card which as mentioned it work fine. I like to the Realtek audio driver because of the frequent updates. The Creative PCI sound card ( Creative Audio PCI (ES1371,ES1373) (WDM) Drivers ) there is no audio driver updates. These are the reason make me to try other audio driver as I could not afford to change a better sound card. So if you can help me solve this problem or other way round will be much appreciated. Thanks.

• Like 1

okay im gunna try to try not to be irritated, but come on really.. why would u not put that utmost crucial information in the first post.. that would have clarified so much right from the start and saved u almost a whole day of troubleshooting.. please next time regardless if your dealing with any sort of troubleshooting needs here or elsewhere.. put every bit of information regarding the problem, no matter how redundant it may seem to u.. as it might be just that lil gem that the troubleshooter ur askin needs to have that aha moment.. :thumbsup:

okay with that said, i looked extensively into your sound card and yes it is cryptic old.. support ended in the golden years of XP, not to say we might be able to get ur version of windows 7 to recognize it even so.. this is not a guarantee either that it will or will not work.. it is all in the process of troubleshooting old hardware with no modern support to modern hardware.. i was unable to find any modded drivers at all either, so this process will be basically shooting into the wind, but were gunna give it a run anyways.. cuz really what do u have to lose right, right.. directions and images below >>>

ps. for easier reference to ur sound card in the future.. reference its name as 'ct4810' to other ppl as it will be easier for them to find it, not Creative Audio PCI (ES1371,ES1373), which is as known as Ensoniq PCI sound card.. ;)

Drivers Needed Download >>>

https://www28.zippyshare.com/v/sqpZ402L/file.html

• unpack the zip file and u will be presented with 3 different driver exe files.. these files can be trusted firstly cuz they came from me and secondly cuz they r all from trusted hardware manufacture websites, not some shady driver sites.. :sun:

a77db3?filename=1562396124853_TinyTake_0

• now of course i mean run first, second, & third as this here >>>
  1. run setup file 'SBPCI_WebDrvsV5_12_01 - Sound Blaster PCI 128' and restart computer
  2. open device manager and click this on the sound device icon like in the image below and then click 'Scan for hardware changes'

a77de4?filename=1562396615600_TinyTake06

3. if this didnt change anything and the hardware is still unrecognized, then go back to the Deivce Manager and click 'Add legacy hardware'

a77de6?filename=1562396876532_TinyTake06

a77df7?filename=1562396990266_TinyTake06

a77df9?filename=1562397085377_TinyTake06

a77dfa?filename=1562397189415_TinyTake06

a77e1c?filename=1562397388424_TinyTake06

4. now go back to the original zip folder that had the 3 setup files.. now i want u to right click on the initial setup exe we're using called 'SBPCI_WebDrvsV5_12_01 - Sound Blaster PCI 128' and use 7-zip to extract the setup exe file to a new folder and we'll name that folder 'Sound Blaster PCI 128 - Standalone Drivers'.. like in the image below >>>

a77e32?filename=1562397821444_TinyTake06

5. navigate back to the image below and click browse and go to the newly created folder called 'Sound Blaster PCI 128 - Standalone Drivers' and click on this folder inside called ''SBPCI_WebDrvsV5_12_01 - Sound Blaster PCI 128' then click further into it on 'Drivers' n last one called 'Wdmdrv'..

a77e3c?filename=1562398309846_TinyTake06

7. after u have successfully followed all of my instructions, please restart the computer and see if it worked and ur device is now proper recpngized by windows 7.. if it is not and ur still in the same boat as were at first.. then do every single step we went over above in the exact same order and process.. except this time do it with the next setup ex file called 'SB24_PCDRV_LB_1_04_0090a -Audigy SE drivers' and of course when the time comes make a new folder for the drivers from that setup pack and call it say 'Audigy SE - Standalone Drivers'.. just like stated above already if that one doesnt work in the exact same process follow the same setup and lastly try the 'Creative Sound Blaster Audio Driver - windows 7 32-bit'.. except this particular setup exe file doesnt allow for extracting, so if u get to this one and it doesnt work.. u r how we can say a dead end.. :dash:

so, my friend please do all of this to a tee.. no side stepping, follow exactly or what is the point of me taking over an hour setting up images and instructions for u right , right.. after u finished all of this, please let me know if it worked and of course of it doesnt work.. i will try to continue to assist u as i bang my head against the wall.. lol.. good luck.. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Thanks Rædwulf for the step by step instruction in doing it. I will try it after sure I understand the steps.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, makongma said:

Thanks Rædwulf for the step by step instruction in doing it. I will try it after sure I understand the steps.

those r the best instructions i can give as i dont have the exact hardware as u do, but if there is something ur hung up on.. anything that makes u say, wait a minute.. ask, say something, like explain step #4 better and ill do it for u.. my goal here is the same as urs.. to get u some damn sound, lol.. what's a computer without sound.. i use my computer primarily for movies, tv shows, music & games.. kinda hard to do or enjoy any of that without sound, lmao.. cheers, my friend.. :handshake:

Well, I had to drop in here, just to say how impressed I am with the serious help given to a lost newbie, who has already made a difficult problem 10 times worse with his info.  I'm gonna say it's convincing me to donate some support $$ here, and start hanging out again after about a 4 or 5 year absence.  

Whether or not you get this rube up and going, Raedwulf, you sure made a fan outta me with your serious try.... This has got to be a good place to be...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, bobcrash69 said:

Well, I had to drop in here, just to say how impressed I am with the serious help given to a lost newbie, who has already made a difficult problem 10 times worse with his info.  I'm gonna say it's convincing me to donate some support $$ here, and start hanging out again after about a 4 or 5 year absence.  

Whether or not you get this rube up and going, Raedwulf, you sure made a fan outta me with your serious try.... This has got to be a good place to be...

well thank u.. i try to help and assist as much as i can as i was very lucky to have received the same courtesy when i needed help.. i appreciate ur kind works and i look forward to seeing u around the forum.. if u wanna chat, please feel free to PM me, im always around.. cheers, my friend.. :friends2:

• Thanks 1

I am please with the help steps given which I  have not get or seen in other sites. Sadly I could not get the Realtek audio driver to installed properly. I got the 'setup file 'SBPCI_WebDrvsV5_12_01 - Sound Blaster PCI 128'  installed successfully in the first trial but no where the Realtek complete folder found, a less then 4MB. can be only found in Program file. I guess my PC may not like Realtek and now with the new sound blaster driver installed I may stay with it. Once again thanks very much for the undivided help render.

• Thanks 1

i guess my main question for u is..

• is your sound working correctly on ur system?
  • r u able to hear sound now?
  • have u gotten a chance to i guess play with the controls that the sound blaster setup offers?

i personally think that the sound blaster drivers and complete setup pack is far superior to Realtek in every way, but that then again just IMO.. so please let me know ur answers, sir??

Thanks again for your attentions to my problem.  I am not clear what you mean ' have u gotten a chance to i guess play with the controls that the sound blaster setup offers? ' do you mean in the 'volume mixer - speakers (SB PCI(WDM)' in the speakers properties tab where there are 5 tabs in it.

• Confused 1

I wasnt actually able to run that exact piece of software u installed cuz i dont have that hardware.. so my operating system will not allow it.. but usually most of the sound blaster driver setup packs come with a program just like Realtek does that allows u to change certain things.. that one obviously did not and that is unfortunate.. but when u came here u didnt have any sound once so ever and now u do, so i say that is an epic 2 thumbs up win in my book.. since the sound blaster setup pack doesnt offer anything, please check out this programs below >>>

FxSound Enhancer Premium v13.025

dDJPIou.png

GpoTa28.png

FxSound designs and distributes FxSound Enhancer, formerly DFX Audio Enhancer

which is the world's most popular PC multimedia software accessory with currently over 46 million downloads world-wide. FxSound enhances the sound of most online music and video content streamed over the Web, including the YouTube, Pandora, Spotify and Apple Music streaming services. FxSound also performs real-time audio enhancement on most popular PC multimedia players, including the iTunes, Windows Media Player, and Winamp media players.

What is FxSound?
High Definition Audio
FxSound Enhancer instantly restores lost fidelity in low quality music tracks to deliver rich, clear and booming sound.
Personalized Sound
With FxSound Effects and EQ, you have the tools to boost your music's bass, adjust dynamic range and more.
DFX Audio Enhancer
Our name has changed, but the superior sound quality that came with DFX has not.

It's Easy.
Listen
Turn FxSound on and immediately hear the difference in sound quality.
Relax
FxSound automatically optimizes your listening experience. Just sit back and enjoy.
Customize
For the serious audiophiles, FxSound gives you the tools to adjust the FxSound Effects and EQ to your exact preferences.

FxSound Enhancer Premium
No interruptions.
Full audio customization.
Save your own presets.
Minimizable.

HOMEPAGE >>>

http://www.fxsound.com/

CsUEVbN.png

FxSound Enhancer Premium 13.025 + Patch-MaRk15 | 3.99 MB

https://rapidgator.net/file/f95263606494984d4458b802fc1b89f9/FxSound.13.025.msstdfmt.rar.html

i sincerely hope this helps u out, my friend.. :pirate:

• Thanks 1

well im very to have helped u out and gotten the problem resolved for u in a timely matter.. since u r happy with everything, im going to edit the title of this thread and put Completed in the title.. letting everyone else know that all of ur needs were fulfilled.. if u should come across anymore issues with ur sound, please dont hesitate to immediately post back here and i will try my hardest to get u back on track.. if u have any other issues again please just ask by starting a new support thread.. i only ask of u now that i was able to successfully help u out, will u in return to pay the favor back so to speak do me a favor? i will only ask 1 thing from u in return for my help and that is for u to be more active on the forum.. if ur not a sharing type of member, then please try ur hardest to be active and participate in discussions in all of the areas of the forum.. with that being said, please have a wonderful day.. cheers, my friend..:friends2:

• Thanks 1