Frogger420

windows desktop Widgets crashing.

Hey I'm having problems with my desktop Widgets crashing all the time. I'm running 7 x 64 ultimate. The problem started shortly after installing daemon tools (lite version I think) any suggestions other than the obvious (get rid of daemon tools widget) ?

If you suspect that the Daemon tools widget is the problen then you need to go ahead and uninstall it to verify this is the problem. Daemon tools is easy to re-install.

The least I would do is just disable the Daemon widget and see if the others crash. If not, then it is the Daemon widget or you have too many running at one time using memory like @vigneshnallamad is stating.

Also, is there anything else that you might have done recently that might have also caused this issue?

Last but not least, how much memory does your laptop have?

• Like 1

I have a desktop actually. Running an amd 6 core system. I have 8gb of ram. The only other widget I have running is the cpu / ram usage widget.

Are you installing latest DT?

I would uninstall & reinstall but b4 I reinstall I would tweak the compatibility of the .eXe in Win7.

Also could search deamon toolz forum I am sure Ur not the 1st person with this problem.

:::| http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/ |:::

pal wat ever may be ur ram size and any number of cores u might have but when u use win 7 it limits allocation of memory to few things.... if u still need an example even if u have 4gb ram win 7 starter uses only 2gb of it... but with 16mb u can atleast run 100 gadgets(unless it uses limited memory)....