Sign in to follow this  
uk666

Man Drowns After Proposing to Girlfriend Underwater

Man Drowns After Proposing to Girlfriend Underwater

Tragic and sad event.

A man who proposed underwater on a dream holiday in Tanzania ‘never emerged’ to hear his girlfriend say ‘yes’.

A Louisiana man has drowned after proposing to his girlfriend underwater while the couple was vacationing in Tanzania.

A man has drowned after proposing to his girlfriend underwater during a "bucket list" holiday in Tanzania. Steven Weber and Kenesha Antoine were staying in a wooden cabin that had a partially submerged structure allowing them to look out under the ocean.

Footage shows the moment Mr Weber, from Baton Rouge in Louisiana, swam up to an underwater window before holding up an A4 sheet of paper asking Ms Antoine to marry him.

01.jpg

The note read: "I can't hold my breath long enough to tell you everything I love about you. But… Everything I love about you; I love more every day!"

Mr Weber, wearing a snorkel and flippers, then turned the note over to reveal words on the other side which read: "Will you please be my wife? Marry me???"

He then pulled an engagement ring out of his pocket before swimming out of view.

Ms Antoine subsequently posted footage of the proposal on Facebook where she is seen laughing with joy, along with the comment: "Yes! Yes! Yes!"

But the would-be bride later posted an update revealing he had died - with Ms Antoine writing that he "never emerged from those depths".

The US Department of State said that a US tourist died in Tanzania, but no other details were reported.

02.jpg

Ms Antoine wrote: "There are no words adequate enough to honour the beautiful soul that is Steven Weber Jr.

"You never emerged from those depths so you never got to hear my answer, "Yes! Yes! A million times, yes, I will marry you!

"We never got to embrace and celebrate the beginning of the rest of our lives together, as the best day of our lives turned into the worst, in the cruellest twist of fate imaginable.

"I will try to take solace in the fact that we enjoyed the most amazing bucket list experiences these past few days, and that we both were so happy and absolutely giddy with excitement in our final moments together."

• Sad 1