Saa212

Hachiko, the Faithful Dog ....

Hachiko, the Faithful Dog...

dog.jpgd1.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dog1.jpgd2.jpg

In 1934, a bronze statue of a dog called Hachiko was erected at the Shibuya Train station in Tokyo, Japan. The story of this dog is mentioned below.

Hachiko was born in 1923 and was owned by Eisaburo Ueno, a professor in the agriculture department at the University of Tokyo. The professor used to take a train from the Shibuya Station every day to go to the university. Each day Hachiko accompanied the professor to the train station when he left for work. Upon returning, the professor would find the dog patiently waiting for his master and wagging its tail. This happy routine continued until one fateful day in 1925, when the professor was taken ill on the job and unfortunately died before he could return home. As usual, the dog waited at the train station that day for his master to return back. However, seeing that he wasn't coming back, Hachiko waited till night fell and retuned back home. The next day Hachiko went back to the train station again, waiting for his master to come back. He patiently waited till sunset and then retuned back home. The dog was so devoted to the professor that he continued to visit the train station everyday for the next 10 years! The people who passed the loyal dog each day were so touched by his story that they erected a statue in his honor in 1934.

In 1935, Hachiko died at the very same spot where he used to wait for his master....

Source: Partially extracted from Wikipedia and...Google....

Your Comments Please ....:

• Like 1

i;ve watched this movie and there really is a statue for this dog .. frikin awesome i myself had 3 angels though they passed away of old age i still remember them .. i just love dogs too faithful .. seriously the most caring things on the planet .....

• Like 1

I too have watched the film and thoughly enjoyed it, and as in the film I can say that dogs do sense when something is wrong! I felt giddy once and laid on the floor just in case I passed out and wouldn't hurt myself if I fell, well I did pass out and somehow banged my head. When I came round my dog was there licking my head where I had banged it and he wouldn't leave me until I told him I was alright. I have had a few dogs and can say this one is the worst behaved one I've had but they have all been part of my family, they truly mans best friend.

1636776425.jpg

Our Dog.

• Like 1

this is a very good movie i cried when hachi waited hopelessly in front of train station :(

Ive watch that move once.. And made me relly cry.. I dont want to watch for second time., i cant imagine when i was put on that situation..