Sign in to follow this  
anionic

Nord vpn was hacked

Nord vpn was hacked 1 1/2 years ago and they are only disclosing this now. I read this on a photography youtube channel in the comments. Does anyone know about this????

• Thanks 1

Yes, I read this

https://torrentfreak.com/nordvpn-had-private-keys-stolen-after-server-breach-191022/

Rgds

• Thanks 1

Yeah, to all of those that are trying to actively mask their activity from government by using Nord or others, this should be a huge red flag to you all. If a hacker can do this, why would you put it past the government's of the 12 eyes to not be able to this or in more of a realistic reality "are" doing this already. I'd say personally if you want to be really secure and I stress really and not totally secure as you will never get that, full anonymity is a unicorn aka myth. I would highly suggest getting a dedicated VPN IP through, whichever you like and then, while using the dedicated, reroute that unique IP through another VPN service provider to go through their normal VPN service, for a double making technique, then run through the onion network. Now, to be this overboard in the first is rather ridiculous, but you never know. I personally use ExpressVPN and I've tried around 8 of the other top providers and was very disappointed mostly with their speeds and customer service, some had major IP leaks as well as DNS leaks with WebRTC leaks. Not good at all as those are basically give your exact location and then, what the hell is the point, lol. ExpressVPN is by far the best for safety, use of service, customer service and of course, the absolute fastest speeds for both direct browsing and downloading and any other peer to peer connecting, such as torrenting. Thank you for the article, my friend... :handshake:

• Like 2

I think that total anonymity goes by hacked computers.So if you are not hacker then you will not be secured.And even this option does not secure anything, it just puts your sins to other person.

I'm a wee bit late getting educated but suspected long ago that VPN's were not as secure as many think...

Thanks for the add wise words...  cheers...