Sign in to follow this  
Blackrome03

IObit Malware Fighter Pro 7.4.0.5820

Hello All

I'm having trouble getting the pro version of IObit Malware Fighter Pro 7.4 I followed the instructions from earlier versions and everything went to task.

However, this isn't the case at the moment and I'm confused on what I did incorrectly.

What I did:

Uninstall and deleted the folder, re-installed "Malware.Fighter.7.4.0" didn't launch or run (it open automatically)

Open task manager by pressing CTRL + Shift + Esc and end all IObit\Malware Fighter process, one by one.

Copy the "Patch-IObit.Malware.Fighter.Pro.6.x-Astron.exe" file from the Patch-Astron folder and paste into the "IObit Malware Fighter" folder. Look in C:\Program Files” or “C:\Program Files (x86)”

Right click the mouse button on "Patch-IObit.Malware.Fighter.Pro.6.x-Astron.exe" file and choose "Run as administrator" and click the mouse button, this will run the program and patch the "Malware Fighter.exe" file.

Ran the application from the shortcut on the desktop, this has new been patch.

Then I get that pop reboot box in which it just goes back to free once rebooted.

So if there is something I missed or is new for this version on Malware Fighter Pro please inform me.

Thanks in advance

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Prevent Malware Fighter Pro from Auto-Launch, by untick launch after install checkbox (Auto-start by default) look out for this checkbox in the setup process.

So, untick the box to launch automatically after the set-up is finished.

Hey uk666

I don't get that option to untick anything below is a screenshot once installation is completed

mal74.png

Afterward if I click the x at the top right corner it will launch 

Also In pro version when I activate Anti-randsomeware engine and bitdefender engine it updates then closes then open again to free ware. 

• Like 1

OK, start again but this time try disconnecting from internet before installation, wait until the patching process has been completed and connect back to the internet.

Not working correctly, maybe the patch is not working in this version, try a different version.

in any event, I would recommend you try Malwarebytes, it’s a light-weight anti-malware program that is excellent at removing the latest detections.

I hope this helps.

It didn't work at all once I connected back to the interested it updated closed and relaunch and went back to freeware.

Oddly enough I use to have Malwarebytes but Rædwulf convinced me otherwise that Iobit is better than malwarebytes.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2019 at 9:08 PM, Blackrome03 said:

It didn't work at all once I connected back to the interested it updated closed and relaunch and went back to freeware.

Oddly enough I use to have Malwarebytes but Rædwulf convinced me otherwise that Iobit is better than malwarebytes.

Of course, my good friend Rædwulf is right. But some people do not trust IOBit (EvonSoft.com) products due to the vendor's past history and dubious practices.

Google - Why does IOBit have such a bad reputation?

• Like 1

Just wondering if there is any new solutions? I download and installed the newer version and the exact same thing happened... So I guess I have keep resetting the patch after every shutdown or restart