dirtylow

Edit Shouts

Can we make it so that we can edit our own shouts in the shout box.kitty-2.gif

Please

dirty ;}

• Like 1

yeah, I like that. Soundz smart. Just another perk 2 bing a VIP as if some1 needz it cw%29.gif . Support, Serve, add Value. it haz its own rewardz. :cwrocks: :king:

• Like 1

Just a thought! Once you have posted a shout and someone replies to your shout, if you then edit your shout, wouldn't that cause a bit of confusion to the people that have replied or about to reply to your shout.

• Like 4

1st thing I would like 2 say Hi 2 U GranDad.

& 2 answer Ur ? yes that could happen. Its just that some of the time I forget to add "n't", or last night I typed "any" & for got the "way".

So I had 2 add a new post 2 shout which was *Anyway* which should have really been "Anyways". I just need 2 be able to edit some text, not change the whole post, but yes GD 1 could do that if they wanted 2. The other day lulz.img was down & the shout I made was an image hosted from there well I couldnt delete it or change it.

Editing Ur own post in chat was something that we were able 2 do B4 all the happenings with the server & our changing from VB to Xen. & now whatever platform I dont know what it is at the current moment.

Good ? GranDad thanks 4 participating. Wow Ur post count is getting up there, props 2 U old friend. Many dirty little blessings on U & family.

dirty ;p

• Like 1

Dirtylow, Yes I do understand your point as it has happened to me a few times, but I can give you an example of what I mean, A while ago I was chatting to Vince when instead of him saying "thanks" he wrote "tanks", with him having a similar sense of humour as myself I put up an image of a tank. If he now edited his shout to correct his mistake, then anybody looking at the shoutbox would think why has he answered with a picture of a tank?

Thanks, all the best to you as well.

well if u miss any letter or posted a wrong word.. u can correct it in nxt shout using a Aestrik (*).

Well i have seen most of the people use this method even i use it..and its a universal and standard method :)

So shout edit is good for VIP's but nt fr everyone :)

• Like 3

Editing the shoutbox can also cover up flaming a member too so I say no .............there is no need to edit shoutbox for typo .............practice typing .................everyone makes typos :dash:

Yes U R all right but I doubt any of U chat as much as me when here.

As I said B4 this is what we use 2 b able 2 do in VB. I wasnt looking 4 a poll I was notifying the powers that b that it is this way. I was requesting it 2 b as it was b4. It matters not 2 me. I already knew about start* trick thank U @ eddy. @KR

Editing the shoutbox can also cover up flaming a member too so I say no
there's no covering anything up who r U kidding we all watch the chat box. Maybe not all Mods @ 1 time,but trust me I know that the box is watched. Further 1 who is dumb enough 2 do such things doesn't care about the forum anyway. & I am willing 2 bet not have the foresight or the inclination for such things. Lastly yeah I have Mavis & do practice typing, & dont give a rip about my typos, but I do want 2 make sense. Whatever if I want/wanted it that badly I know what 2 do. Its an open forum & I am not trying 2 impose my will on any1 here just thought it needed mentioning. When UR logged in as a Mod U wounldnt know this feature is missing. I mentioned it because I felt it was overlooked.
  • Like 2

hmmmm dirty I think I do more chatting in chat box when not busy, life, and/or Pain - hehehe

On the chat box thing hmmmm I have to say no also - Why you say - hmmmm I caught in the past a vip cursing CG and I was Banning them as fast as I could and they was in the chat box going off @ him and if he could delete his chats then I wouldn't be able to catch what he was saying and get his IP banned (he sighed up with a different name to raise cane in chat box)

• Like 5

I will say if it's done then only there chat and it needs to be a soft delete so us SMod can look and make sure it follows CW Rules :)

• Like 3

i would have to also disagree with this idea, mostly for the reason that tech has said above, also the chatt in the shoutbox isn't perminent so it won't be in there for very long ( correct me if i'm wrong) so it would be a waste of time for the team to modify it so you can edit it, plus the fact is that the staff can and will edit any text in the shoutbox if need be

• Like 3

Yep davie I look @ the Chat Box often and if I see something that doesn't follow CW Rules then I edit or Delete - oh ok I will say this again - CW Rules = 1 page * USA Rules = Dang I don't have enough paper :D

:cwrocks: :cwrocks: :cwrocks:

• Like 6

dirtylow has now been reinstated as a mod so he should be good to go on editing his shouts. At the time dirtylow started this thread he did not have a mod status which was lost during the transistion CW made. As far as non-mods or non-vip's editing their own shouts, I agree that they should not be able to edit them.

It is nice though to have the option to edit as I have done this in the past. I kinda look at the shout like texting....I get some really weird ones sometimes and feel like I am with the CIA, FBI and have to cipher the code to find out what the text really is. lol

• Like 6

it was really a good thought and it can look and make sure it follows CW Rules.

Info  CP Moderator Message: Outside link Removed

Unless I'm cracking a joke or telling a few cobbers a good ol yarn I'm rarely kidding when it comes to the shout box................. :P

VIP's now have been granted the edit shout power , for non-Vips it's disabled, consider it as a extra perk for the VIP's ;)

• Like 5