Devilsnare

Sugestion

I was wondering when we report dead links most of the files and programs i see are outdated versions and several latest versions are already being posted .. is it so necessary to keep the old posts ? when there are latest versions of it ( of course if the member is updating them regularly its a different case ) im not saying we should delete but dosen't that sound reasonable ?

PS : this does not apply for any other section other than applications

For most software I do not agree. Only antivirus software could be deleted. But only if we know the newest version works. For other software I have experinced many times that the newer version isn't better than the older one. Features and interface have been changed. And those changes aren't always succsessful in my opinion. It may also happen that the cracks for the newer versions just aint good enough, but the old version still works. TLW says;

Thumbs down ;)

For most software I do not agree. Only antivirus software could be deleted. But only if we know the newest version works. For other software I have experinced many times that the newer version isn't better than the older one. Features and interface have been changed. And those changes aren't always succsessful in my opinion. It may also happen that the cracks for the newer versions just aint good enough, but the old version still works. TLW says;

Thumbs down ;)

lol mate you have a knack for good ending .. though i disagree.. i've never had problems with softwares as long as i know which works well enough than the older versions but in a way i do agree with you since if patches and keys dont work ppl tend to go back .. but most ppl tend to just search for new keys than go back to old ones .

Well sometimes people like old softwares than new one.. !!

like i like KAS 2010 than 2012 (tht might be coz of the KAS2010 trial reset hack) :P

But i really think working links of old softwares must also be present :)

Some people find word 2003 much easy to use than 2007..like my father :)

• Like 1

If threads containing old versions of a program still has active links then they can always be archived as long as the links are active. A simple search should reveal their existance in the archives.

If the upload links are dead then there are three options open once the post has been reported.

1. Mods can pm thread poster asking for new links.

2. Delete the thread.

3. Place thread in a forum designed for rejuvination and allow staff and or members to upload new links and archive.

All threads in CW uploads should be kept active by whatever means necessary with the first option given to the uploader to reupload and posrt new links.

• Like 2

Well sometimes people like old softwares than new one.. !!

like i like KAS 2010 than 2012 (tht might be coz of the KAS2010 trial reset hack) :P

But i really think working links of old softwares must also be present :)

Some people find word 2003 much easy to use than 2007..like my father :)

Yeap, me too (old fart) ... I don't like latest MS versions with their "ribbon" clutter (yes I know can be switched of) and I don't need xml capability which am never going to use ... am quite happy using the old stuff.

Getting, buying or using the "latest" per say, be it a car, phone or software ... is not necessarily the best ... it is often good to have recourse and/or facility of roll back(up)!

If threads containing old versions of a program still has active links then they can always be archived as long as the links are active. A simple search should reveal their existance in the archives.

If the upload links are dead then there are three options open once the post has been reported.

1. Mods can pm thread poster asking for new links.

2. Delete the thread.

3. Place thread in a forum designed for rejuvination and allow staff and or members to upload new links and archive.

All threads in CW uploads should be kept active by whatever means necessary with the first option given to the uploader to reupload and posrt new links.

precisely my point if the member keeps updating his threads then its a different case that means the links are alive and kicking hard :D

• Like 1