Sign in to follow this  
uk666

Teaching You How To Let Go

Teaching You How To Let Go

lg.jpg

Anything happening in life is teaching you something.

Letting go is one of the most important process in one’s spiritual growth.  Since ancient times, spiritual leaders and philosophers have discussed the importance of surrender and letting go.

The lessons:

1. Anything that annoys you is for teaching you patience.
  2. Anyone who abandons you is for teaching you how to stand up on your own feet.
  3. Anything that angers you is for teaching you forgiveness and compassion.
  4. Anything that has power over you is for teaching you how to take your power back.
  5. Anything you hate is for teaching you unconditional love.
  6. Anything you fear is for teaching you courage to overcome your fear.
  7. Anything you can’t control is for teaching you how to let go and trust the Universe.

It really is the best of times and the worst of times. Embracing all the things that test us and knowing they are here for a reason will give us peace. Will help us know we are exactly where we are supposed to be. This is our journey.

The journey is filled with ups and downs. Don’t confuse the two as ever being everlasting. Get up every day and apply yourself, be authentic, trust your instincts and know that the more you apply yourself the better you get day by day. 

The day you are waiting for is the day you want to give up, that is when you must keep going. That’s the barrier between normal and greatness.

Trust your journey. Learn the lessons. And show the world how great you can be.

It’s easier said than done, but sometimes all it takes is a shift in perspective to completely free yourself from the burdens you have been carrying around.

Here are 20 quotes that will help you let go:

1. “I demolish my bridges behind me…then there is no choice but to move forward.” <-> Fridtjof Nansen
  2. “Some birds are not meant to be caged, that’s all. Their feathers are too bright, their songs too sweet and wild. So, you let them go, or when you open the cage to feed them, they somehow fly out past you. And the part of you that knows it was wrong to imprison them in the first place rejoices, but still, the place where you live is that much drabber and emptier for their departure.” <-> Stephen King
  3. “Some of us think holding on makes us strong; but sometimes it is letting go.” <-> Hermann Hesse
  4. “There’s a victory in letting go of your expectations.” <-> Mike White
  5. “To design the future effectively, you must first let go of your past.” <-> Charles J. Givens
  6. “The creative process is a process of surrender, not control.” <-> Julia Cameron
  7. “If you surrender completely to the moments as they pass, you live more richly those moments.” <-> Anne Morrow Lindberg
  8. “The greatness of a man’s power is the measure of his surrender.” <-> William Booth
  9. “Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.” <-> Steve Maraboli
  10. “Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it.” <-> Ann Landers
  11. “You must learn to let go. Release the stress. You were never in control anyway.” <-> Steve Maraboli
  12. “One thing I’ve learned about life is that if you really let go, it’s just a joy ride.” <-> Ricky Williams
  13. “Time is about the need to control. Let go of control and embrace what happens.” <-> Eve Best
  14. “If there are people you haven’t forgiven, you’re not going to really awaken. You have to let go.” <-> Eckhart Tolle
  15. “When we give ourselves the chance to let go of all our tension, the body’s natural capacity to heal itself can begin to work.” <-> Nhat Hanh
  16. “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” <-> Lao Tzu
  17. “Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties.” <-> Erich Fromm
  18. “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” <-> Oprah Winfrey
  19. “It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default.” <-> J. K. Rowling
  20. “Most things are forgotten over time. Even the war itself, the life-and-death struggle people went through is now like something from the distant past. We’re so caught up in our everyday lives that events of the past are no longer in orbit around our minds. There are just too many things we have to think about everyday, too many new things we have to learn. But still, no matter how much time passes, no matter what takes place in the interim, there are some things we can never assign to oblivion, memories we can never rub away. They remain with us forever, like a touchstone.” <-> haruki murakami
  • Thanks 1