Devilsnare

[SOLVED] Keyboard totally mixed up

Someone sort this out for me thanks in advance

) Google is really a helpful tool during troubleshooting ---------------------------> tried all solutions did not help

2)Exact problem (s) / issue (s) you have encountered.---------> keyboard totally bonkers for ex i wanna type @ i have to hold shift and press " and vice versa for it i press shift astrix i get pounds lol (££££)

3)What if anything has changed that you think might have caused the problem/issue. ----------------------> recently i formatted my PC installed everything i know off

4)What OS are you currently using along with SP1, SP2 or SP3 service packs.-------------------> win 7 64 bit home edition no service packs installed

5)Make/model of your computer, phone, etc.------------ ------------> sony viao c series

• Like 1

easy... 2 things to try.

1.. reboot your PC...could be a registry file messed someplace.

2.. most likely it's your keyboard. turn it upside down shake / clean it, etc....one of the keys pads is stuck and causing it to act erratically....do not drink and use your PC at the same time, is your first clue...but really just a key, like shift is stuck in the down click position.

Remember all keys have two functions, a down stroke, and up stroke which will cause your PC to react to some action.. well from a programming point of view anyway, but perhaps to deep here...but check the keyboard first.

Let us know..

• Like 1

Just a thought! if you have just reinstalled Win 7, what country did you set for your keyboard for when you were installing windows? as this makes a difference of where the keys are.

• Like 1

Its a sonly laptop and i cant turn the whole thing upside down :P for they keyboard alone... i think i just set it to english depending the country and time zone i am in currently that is UK london time zone naturally UK english

• Like 1

As @daytrader suggest, check and make sure keys are not sticking. Also as @grandad suggests, check region.

You need to install the SP1 that is available for win7 regardless.

To check and configure keyboard regions do the following:

Open control Panel and select Region and Language

keyboard1.png

Next, Select Keybards and Languages tab then click on the Change Keyboards button

keyboard2.png

Then see if the laguage is English and if not then just click on the Add button to add English. Once English is added then you can delete the other language(s) if needed. If you choose to keep more than one language then you will need to go to the Advanced Key Settings tab to set up the Language Switching hot keys.

keyboard3.png

If all of this does not work then I would uninstall keyboard drivers and then reboot to reinstall them.

• Like 1

As @daytrader suggest, check and make sure keys are not sticking. Also as @grandad suggests, check region.

You need to install the SP1 that is available for win7 regardless.

To check and configure keyboard regions do the following:

Open control Panel and select Region and Language

keyboard1.png

Next, Select Keybards and Languages tab then click on the Change Keyboards button

keyboard2.png

Then see if the laguage is English and if not then just click on the Add button to add English. Once English is added then you can delete the other language(s) if needed. If you choose to keep more than one language then you will need to go to the Advanced Key Settings tab to set up the Language Switching hot keys.

keyboard3.png

If all of this does not work then I would uninstall keyboard drivers and then reboot to reinstall them.

i did what grandad and day suggested and then followed your steps only i had both uk english and US english i deleted UK and rebooted and it worked lol .. thanks for the steps fennn thanks day and grandad as well cheers ppl :yourock: :yourock: :cwrocks: