Zulu3475

SSD Internal Hard Drive "Dead"

Hello All,

I have been using Patriot Burst SSD 480GB internal drive for a while. A couple days ago, its disappears no longer show up in Windows 10 Disk Management. CMOS recognized the drive.(without description). I was attempting to reinstall windows and windows showing the drive as allocate drive. it allowed me to allocate the space. But, it will for let me format or install windows. I used diskpart and scanned several time and it does not show the dead SSD drive. I also used several utilities software to detect the dead SSD,. but no luck.

I am not sure if there is hope repair SSD. Your guidance is greatly appreciated.

MT

Does Patroit have any software for this drive? Maybe a firmware update? Could just be dead, But I would go to them and there support pages.

I'd say it would be missing drivers but if it recognized and showed the drive then it had the proper drivers. The fact that diskpart wouldn't recognize it makes me lean toward it being a dead drive. I've tried all the secrets and tips out there for when this happens and nothing usually works when it comes to a drive being dead. 

Was this a drive that had data saved on it or just a drive for an OS?