Sign in to follow this  
GemMan

It's Down My Pants: Pregnant Wearside Drug Dealer's Confession To Cops

It's Down My Pants: Pregnant Wearside Drug Dealer's Confession To CopsBy Kevin Donald Location: Sunderland
1372767526.jpg

A heavily pregnant mum-to-be had 14 wraps of heroin in her knickers when police caught her carrying out a drug deal.

Robyn Nelson confessed “it’s down my pants”, when officers swooped as she carried out a sale at a pub car park.

The 19-year-old, of Patterdale Street, Hetton-le-Hole, who has never been in trouble before, was sentenced to two years jail, suspended for two years, with supervision and curfew requirements, when she appeared at Newcastle Crown Court.

Anthony Burdess, of Wetherburn Avenue, Murton, Seaham, was jailed for four years.

The 42-year-old, who has served a previous prison sentence for drug dealing, had driven Nelson to the illegal liaison, and police found 44 wraps of heroin at his home during a search.

Prosecutor Graeme O’Sullivan told the court the pair had been spotted in a Volkswagen Golf which pulled into a car park at the Mill Inn pub at Houghton last November.

Undercover officers saw an exchange taking place between Nelson, who was in the passenger seat, and a woman who had approached her window.

Mr O’Sullivan told the court the police stepped in when it appeared cash had exchanged hands.

He said: “Nelson began to cry, she was asked if she had anything on her she shouldn’t have and she nodded and said ‘it’s down my pants’.

“She produced 14 wraps of heroin, totalling 2g, from her underwear.”

Nelson pleaded guilty to possession of heroin with intent to supply.

Martin Scarborough, defending, said Nelson, who was seven months pregnant at the time, was working “under someone’s direction”, who she refused to name.

Burdess admitted being concerned in the supply and possession with intent in relation to the drugs found in his home, which he said he would have shared with his partner.

Bob Spragg, defending Burdess, said: “He was delivering drugs and he was being paid in drugs for doing that.

“He was a heroin addict at the time.”

Judge David Wood told Nelson and Burdess: “Both of you were well aware of the scale of the operation and both had an operational function to perform.”

The judge told Nelson: “You knew what the operation was and allowed yourself to get involved in it which, given that you were pregnant at the time, was very irresponsible.”