freak

Pantless burglar allegedly breaks into home, makes milk and cookies

Pantless burglar allegedly breaks into home, makes milk and cookies

Posted on: 3:48 pm, August 30, 2013, by Meg Alexander, updated on: 07:17pm, August 30, 2013

OKLAHOMA CITY- Friday morning started out like any other but turned into a morning one mom will never forget after catching a burglar red-handed enjoying a snack inside her home.

Kelly heard a noise in the kitchen around 6:30 a.m. Friday but simply thought it was her boys getting up for school.

She headed toward the kitchen to make breakfast and got a huge surprise.

Kelly said, “Somebody was standing there with that door open. Then I said,  ‘Who are you and what are you doing in my kitchen?’ She said, ‘My name’s Michelle and I’m just having cookies and milk.”

Kelly said, “I stayed right here and said, ‘Michelle, I need to know who else is in this house and I need to know how many people are with you.”

The woman said she’d been beaten up and was just there eating milk and cookies.

Kelly said, “She’d gotten a plate and she’d eaten off the plate.”

Police believe the suspect came in through the outdoor patio and through the kitchen window.

However, she didn’t make it all the way inside before leaving something on the patio.

She said, “Her pants were right outside the window.  I guess she couldn’t get up that high to get in to get the cookies.”

In addition to eating cookies and milk, the suspect also made her way through the refrigerator.

Kelly said, “She got pesto and pepper jack cheese.”

After making it through the pantry, the woman decided to go through the kitchen drawers.

Kelly said, “Before she set anything down, she’d put something down so it wouldn’t make a sound.”

The suspect also found some cash and jewels.

Despite the unusual find in her kitchen, Kelly said she tried her best to keep calm.

Kelly said, “I ran to my bedroom and flipped the light on and said ‘Honey, get your gun and get into the kitchen.’ He said, ‘What?’ ‘Get the gun and get into the kitchen.’ By the time we got back, she’d run out the door.”

Police caught up to 27-year-old Michelle Stephens about 10 minutes later and took her into custody.

She faces charges of first-degree burglary and petty larceny.

• Like 1

Very sad story that, I think, teach us a moral... never check noises without a gun...