Sign in to follow this  
Disassembled

Mystery ‘Star Wars blaster fire’ sound coming from the Northern Lights...

Mystery ‘Star Wars blaster fire’ sound coming from the Northern Lights is travelling through power lines and getting people spooked

THIS chilling noise coming from the Northern Lights over Christmas has left scientists scratching their heads. Lapland tour guide Oliver Wright recorded the strange sounds while watching the Aurora in Sweden on December 25.

image.png

The Northern Lights in Alaska

Likening it to a “Star Wars blaster fire”, he shared the clip online. He wrote: “On Christmas Night 2016, I was standing beneath an intense display of auroras in Abisko, Sweden, when I heard something that sounded like Star Wars blasters. He claimed that as magnetic winds bounced off one another, he heard “swooshing” sounds coming from nearby power lines.

image.png

Sweden, Norway, Finland and Iceland offer the best chances of seeing the Northern Lights

"I rushed closer to the power lines and was able to record a sample using my iPhone," he said. It's not the first mystery sound to come from the Aurora. Hisses, crackles, and even loud "claps" have all been reported by startled onlookers, according to Spaceweather.com. It follows a massive magnetic storm that gripped the planet this Christmas and is due to continue into the New Year. Aurora sounds are a divisive topic, with some scientists claiming they are figments of our imagination. But some believe the hissing and clap noises can be explained by electrical currents hitting objects on the surface of the Earth like pine trees.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2504338/this-mystery-star-wars-blaster-fire-sound-coming-from-the-northern-lights-and-travelling-through-power-lines-has-got-everyone-spooked/
✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬

I don't know if the news here is worthy to post. I just liked the images within and thought I'd share them with you.

• Like 2