Sign in to follow this  
Kevindina

Half Life 2: Episode 3 concept art leaked

A set of concept art purporting to be from Half Life 2: Episode 3 has made its way onto the web.

Somehow procured by unofficial site ValveTime, the 32 images include various new Alyx designs, Gordon Freeman in various bits of cold weather clobber and a few concept pieces showing the Resistance chopper crashed in the Arctic.

The images apparently date way back to 2008, so may not be representative of how the game - if indeed it still exists in any form - looks now.

Are they legit? We've asked Valve for clarification. However, one of the ValveTime team posted the following note on the Steam forums:

"For the avoidance of doubt, I just want to stress that we absolutely would not release these pictures if we didn't know for a fact they were real. They absolutely are.

"Please just enjoy them as they are, and try not to look for conspiracies that aren't there.

"I mean, it's not like we're doing it to attract traffic to our site. We know our server can't cope with the load so we don't want massive influxes of traffic like this. You may have noticed we've been offline since!"

One could argue that perhaps they are just generic Half-Life 2 concept art of concepts that never made it into the final game. But there's plenty of evidence here to suggest they are post Episode 2.

For example:

Alyx is wearing Eli's jacket

Crashed helicopter in an Arctic location

Art featuring Xen

Combine Advisors in Xen

The images are from circa 2008 and therefore not necessarily representative of the current state of the project, but it's great to see new media, nonetheless.

431e0c8cd2.jpg

d4d1f76efc.jpg

d9f26f28da.jpg

c8816db00d.jpg

9d681f339b.jpg

c9b2bec8c8.jpg

a24294cb1f.jpg

• Like 4

Very Nice ;) just hope my PC isn't to old and unable to play it by the time it comes out

• Like 1