Sign in to follow this  
freak

woman plummets to death from Texas Giant coaster

Six Flags Over Texas investigation continues after woman plummets to death from Texas Giant coaster The amusement park stayed open after Friday evening's tragedy though the area around the massive rollercoaster was temporarily closed. Six Flags is being tightlipped about the investigation, claiming any speculation concerning the accident would be a 'disservice to the (deceased woman's) family.'
By Michael Walsh / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Saturday, July 20, 2013, 2:58 PM

Print
coaster-1-0720.jpg Facebook  

Rosy Esparza has been identified as the woman who fell to her death Friday from a rollercoaster at Six Flags Over Texas.

Investigators will try to find out how a Texas mother plummeted to her death from a Six Flags roller coaster as her children looked on in horror.

“My mom! My mom! Let us out, we need to go get her!” her daughter and son reportedly screamed as their car came to a stop just after 6:30 p.m. on Friday.

coaster21n-1-web.jpg Chris Hagerman/Wikimedia Commons The Texas Giant roller coaster at Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington, Texas, was the scene of a horrific accident in which Rosy Esparza died.

RELATED: MAN ARRESTED, COMMITTED AFTER CLIMBING SEASIDE HEIGHTS COASTER

The deceased woman’s family identified her as Rosy Esparza of Dallas, reported the Dallas Morning News.

coaster21n-2-web.jpg David R. Tribble/Wikimedia Commons The Texas Giant, which cost $5.5 million to build, debuted as a solely wooden coaster in 1990.

"It would be a disservice to the family to speculate regarding what transpired," Parker said. "When we have new information to provide, we will do so."

RELATED: WORKERS PLUCK ROLLER COASTER DESTROYED BY SANDY OUT OF THE OCEAN

flags-woman-dies.jpg Ian McVea/AP A woman died while riding a roller coaster after some witnesses said she wasn't properly secured.

Medical staff and paramedics responded immediately but nothing could be done to revive her. Other park-goers could not believe their eyes.

"Literally just witnessed someone fly off the Texas Giant two seats in front of me," Joshua Paul Fleak tweeted. "Restraint came undone, coaster turned and she was gone."

Six Flags Over Texas spokeswoman Sharon Parker told the Daily News that the Arlington park was using every resource to determine how Esparza met her death on the Texas Giant, which at 153 feet is considered the world’s tallest steel-wood hybrid roller coaster.

flags-woman-dies.jpg Tom Fox/AP Emergency personnel raced to the scene at Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington, Texas, after a woman died on July 19, 2013.

RELATED: COASTER REOPENS AFTER SCREAMS YIELD COMPLAINTS

A person waiting in line for the ride said she thought Esparza had a problem with her safety belt.

flags-woman-dies.jpg Ian McVea/AP John Putman told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram of the two children, "they were screaming, 'My mom! My mom! Let us out, we need to go get her!"

“She goes up like this, then when it drops to come down, that’s when it [Esparza’s restraint] released and she just tumbled,” Carmen Brown told WFAA-TV.