Saran999

Bot creation and programming

Hi there, I wish to start a discussion on this topic that seems really hated, mysterious and tricky. At least to me.

I'm interested in tutorials, tips and tricks and any kind of info I may find on bot creation and bot programming.

I'm interested in any kind of bots, from the ones that are able to automate forum posting, to the one needed to play online game unattended. There is a bot philosophy that I wish to master, even if I'm a total newbie on this subject and I really don't know even how to start to think about it.

On the internet, googling about this subject, I've found plenty of unuseful crap. Mostly about way to buy bot or spamming sites.

My proposition is to open up a thread that may contain useful info to at least guide a newbie like me to the first steps needed for bot engineering and programming.

Anyone of you have some info on this subject? TIA

PS: I've just seen the "programming" sub-forum and got the doubt that perhaps my topic was best suited for that section. Let's say that I want to start from scratch not knowing how to deal with this subject, but I'll be more than happy to see my topic moved there :) Sorry for any inconvenience duh...

No need for any member to be afraid to reply to this topic. Even if bots are not allowed at CP, I find this topic very interesting  ;)

• Like 1

First we need  to understand  a  difference  here, that  being an  bot and the auto poster

An auto post is a post that is created by you, but scheduled to post at a later time, possibly when you are not online.  There are several applications that can make these posts for you.

A bot, on the other hand is an automated account programmers use that mimic accounts of real live people.  For instance, you may have seen sites that advertise selling massive numbers of followers or fans for money.  These followers and fans are usually bot accounts.  They look impressive in that you have a large number associated with your account, BUT (and you can see I emphasized the word BUT) there is no value there.

Let  me  think about  it, maybe i'll  create and post  a  simple  method  to  show you  how  it  is done.

Having just a little  knowledge  can  be a dangerous  thing for some people.

• Like 1

Many thanks daytrader, in fact your kind of contribution is exactly the one I was searching for. Trying to understand the automation philosophy behind bot creation to be able to create at least a search bot to automate internet searches (aka webcrawler) and perhaps trying to discover a bit more of the Deep Web. (more on this topic on a new thread)

But, let me pinpoint some useful points of discussion about bot existence reasons:

1. Bots can help automate mundane or time-intensive tasks
  2. They are increasingly easy to run in the cloud
  3. They can be fun to build and use
  4. Networks of bots can perform functions that would otherwise require single/unified platforms
  5. Monitoring, notification, and extending oneself through software

And I invite you to take a look to this article from where I've taken those interesting points

blog.davelester.org/2013/01/01/why-we-should-be-discussing-bots

More, I've started to surf through some bot creation programs, that seems so useful at the beginning, and discovering how many peoples earn their living simply using them and selling their newly created bots.

I'm talking about UbotStudio (mainly) or, opensource, like the AutoIT or others like winautomation and imacros, but there are many others out there...