Saran999

Found: What would happen if you stopped sleeping indefinitely?

Sleep. We spend a third of our lives asleep but did you know that scientists still really have no idea why? Studies have shown that adults that sleep between six to eight hours per night typically live longer. Yet at the same time, excessive sleep has been linked to cardiovascular disease and diabetes. Coders, designers, and many other jobs related to IT or startup life are associated with sleepless nights when involved in a groundbreaking project.

So what happens on the opposite end of the spectrum – sleep deprivation? That very topic is explored in this AsapSCIENCE clip from YouTube. Turns out, short-term effects can actually be rather positive while long-term effects might not be what you would have guessed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nNhDkKAvxFk

• Like 1

Just great I'm going to be a zombie :wacko:  Oh well to stay postive my Daughter likes Zombies

Cute! So she  :gunsmilie:  will not crash your skull shouting 'Oh Daddy!', at least

That's R E E E E A L L L L Y positive indeed, and may also further improve your relationship with her :friends2: .

O gosh! You see? Life it's wonderful! :dance1::dance::yahoo::hurrah::laugh2:

I wish you all :lazy2: possible mate! :yourock::matrix:

• Like 1

You bet! But this isn't a definitive research... so if you start to monitor yourself, your blood and all the possible life parameters, you may help the whole human race with some positive discovery. What I've read is that ppls that sleep as you do, sometime have necessity to sleep kinda 12 or more hours in a row to recover. Is this your case, Darko?

Nope, The best that I can do is no more then 6 hours for a power sleep. And that is helped with Tylenol PM and a Beer  :drink: . My blood pressure and cholesterol are both high. I figure I got another 5 years....maybe before my eternal dirt nap.

We are the last to know exactly 'when' and 'how', so the best we can do is to E N J O Y till the very end! And that's what I wish to you from the deepest of my soul. Cheers mate, u da best!  :laugh2: 

• Like 1