Sign in to follow this  
NeophobiA

Today I hesitated

I'm in the process of trying to figure out how to change the software on kat's phone from AT&T(USA Provider) to Telstra(Aussie Provider), she bought the damn thing on Ebay because it was the same as her old one, but black, exactly like this one below:

41ya3Nf6fXL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

QWERTY Slide Phone with touchscreen, and after Googling and not getting many answers the .au LG site says I can do a restore with Aussie software, like the ppl she bought it off a year ago said could be done, so I DLed the usb drivers and software suites and sync program and then it told Me I needed Microsux Activesync, which had Me kinda puzzled but I DLed it and when I went to install it told Me it was obsolete and not compatable with windows 7, I needed Micro$ux Winblows Mobile Device Center from the Winblows update site, so a bit iffy about the Winblows Update site I searched Micro$ux and found it but I had to login with My Hotmail acct and verify My copy of winblows...

That was when I hesitated, but thought screw it, what else could happen...

So I DLed the verification tool and ran it and it gave Me a code I had to copy and paste back on the site and click next, My download started and with this next message, I smiled, then grinned 80)

Le0cbE8.png

Thankyou Micro$ux for verifying My copy of Winblows...

Don't yet know if I can get this phone to work properly yet but I'm working on it, she can make calls and send msgs but can't use her internet and data services, browser etc, I may even ask for help here if all else fails...

Edited by Tech 425
  • Like 1

If this was an Android phone I could help you Rom it - Windows phone I haven't Rom since Win6.1

Let me know if you would like me to look into it :) 

• Like 1

Thanks Tech, I got it sorted, she can surf and stuff now through her provider using the AT&T software. I figured out how to go into bootrom mode but can't get the Telstra rom but she spends more time using My iPhone to play Hey Day so gonna get her one of them...

• Like 1