eXistenZX

BSOD different error every time

Hi

I just bought an ASUS P7P55D-E motherboard and a Core I3-550 cpu second hand

I put on it a GT430 2GB POV and bought brand new 4G DDR3 1600Mhz Kingston ram

the ram is new I believe it works... the video card I know works cause it's working right now just not on that pc

and the problem is I keep getting a different BSOD error before I manage to do anything

tried about 4 different HDD's keep getting different errors and I need to know whats causing it

I only managed to get the pc up once when I was trying my hard disc witch has ubuntu installed on it

and WIN7 when I try win7 BSOD before startup when I try reinstalling bsod the second it finishes copying the files

I tried booting the pc with no HDD conected at all and still I get BSOD right after post

I get the irql_not_less_or_equal error every couple of try's

and besides that error that repeats itself I get a different error code every time

sometimes reboots before I get to see anything also

I tried flashing the bios I tried formatting an HDD on my other pc and im kinda stuck and really need to solve it or atleast know whats causing it so I know who to complain to lol

thx in advanced to whoever

It is best to find a BSOD viewer like "BlueScreenView" that will tell you which files are causing the problem. I am continueing the search for a link, will be back. Sorry can't find a local link to it but it is a free download, so the price is right.

Download BlueScreenView 1.52 by Nirsoft

To start with, make sure you have all the drivers for the installed devices installed, which includes chip drivers, network driver etc. (get them from the manufacturers website. I don't trust the driver installers like driver robot. I have seen them install drivers that were wrong too many times.

hi nemo thx for the answer

but thats imposible cause I cant get to the windows.. or even install windows

and I get blue screen even with no HDD connected

ok...being as you've started it without HDD connected....you need to be looking at whether or not the hardware is compatible with the motherboard, particularly the memory. But being as you are getting a variety of different errors I suggest checking that all the hardware is seated properly including the CPU..remove it, check to make sure none of the pins are bent, make sure its compatible with the mobo and replace. Check all the hardware, all the leads are connected properly and in the correct place, check your psu is adequate for the hardware. That's the first step.

well I just tried again with error 0x000000c5 I disconected the HDD and the DVDRom

Got my KALI linux running from USB and everything is fine...

Im now trying a different version of windows

and yeah I checked already that everything is connected correctly

and Im checking the PSU compatibility now brb with an answer and thx

I got 3 different linux versions running fine on the pc

Kali live

Ubuntu from HDD

and Ubuntu live

but whenever i try installing windows it BSOD's at the windows logo right before it starts

my PSU is kinda old 4 pin connector and the mobo is 8

but I have run pc's like that before and the linux do load but only from usb or HDD

im starting to think maybe its the DVD-ROM Im connecting my defenitive working one from my pc now and brb with that

just tried installing WINXP same problem

also tried installing Vista same problem

downloaded a new version of WIN7 burned and tried installing.. same problem also tried my old version

tried 2 different DVD-ROM's

Tried 4 different HDD's

also tried loading my existing version of WIN7 thats installed on my other pc

nothing

ubuntu loads fine also installed and also live

Kali works fine also installed also live

Knoppix loads fine also installed also live

I seriously have no idea what to do now

And you were getting similar error messages before you flashed the BIOS? it might be worth using the jumpers on the Mobo to reset it and when it doesn't come up with BSOD you've tried safe mod? It also might be worth trying a Hirens disk and using the dvdrom as first boot up device.

I've just noticed you bought the mobo and the CPU second hand....its not something I would do tbh...it could well be the reason they sold it, unless of course you saw it working before you bought it.

didnt see it working but it is from someone I know and if it doesnt work i will get my money back thats not the issue

im updating the bios now

and from my research I noticed this problem happend to a few people all having asus MOBO's and a few of them said that after updating the bios it worked ill try now and check back later

thx for the help

flashed and updated

still BSOD's but this time i got a different error

BAD_POOL_HEADER

any idea what that means?

I've just been having a look for reasons you could be getting that one....they are many.......for example...

http://www.faultwire.com/solutions-fatal_error/BAD-POOL-HEADER-0x00000019-*1040.html

there is no windows tried 4 different HDD's even tried a new one

I talked to the guy that sold me the MB and he said that he had the same problem and it is probably the RAM

so I took the pc to my friends shop and he was busy so he said that he will check it tomorow so hopefully it'll be working by then :)

thx for the help

Goodo...its funny you should say that the previous owner had the same problem...I think I mentioned that before up there ^^^^^ oh well lets see what happens tomorrow

yeah I didnt know the previous owner had that problem only called him the other day lol yeah I'm waiting for an answer now

thx ;)

yeah sorry been a bit busy at work and my friends ordered for me a RAM stick only getting it tmrw and im going to his shop in the morning and we gonna try and get my baby to run lol

lol well we got the pc running

sry just i've been working shifts of about 18 hours a day the past few weeks not much free time

it's working and I dont know exactly if its the ram or the PSU cause we changed them both, my friend seems to be sure it was because of the 4 pin connected to the 8 pin MB and I think I agree with him,

altho I have run computers like that before..

we actually maxed out the PSU after everything was running, so I disabled the cd-rom.. cause you know who needs that nowadays lol.

and I got 8GB RAM instead of the 4 I planned so it all worked out good

and thats it.. thx for all the great support :handshake::yourock:

• Like 1

and more on we just found out that my specific board is a cheaper model specially made that Asus send over to the middle east

it does everything the normal one does but they took out a few feachers like the RAM compatibility anything over 1333 doesnt work as default

and we were trying with a 1600 mhz so that might of been the problem also

so I got 8 gigs 1333 and can OC them to 1600-2100 Mhz :)

• Like 1