Sign in to follow this  
ghostxdreams2

what do you use and why?

For years and years i have used avg and have been happy with it i have tried other  programs.

some have been good some of been  memory hogs. it seems every few days there is a new virus that comes out to screw with us and i understand that the powers that be *antivirus companies * have their hands full trying to keep us protected .but sometimes it can be overkill .

it seems everytime i turn around i,m having to tweak my antivirus just so it dont drag down my pc.

so what i want to hear from the mass,s is what kind of antivirus program do you use and why?

like is it ez to navigate around in can i have control of what i want running .

i will give you an example .

in avg there is a little thing called identity protection .

now you can pay extra for this if you want to and i guess it,s ok i never do but wither you pay for it or not there is a part of it eating up resources like crazy--unless you know how to go in and shut it down.which i do lol

i can go to my task manager  and there are 4 items just from avg  running one is email scanner

now like most people i read my email on the net which they*email sites* have their own set of protection so why is avg running a email scanner that i,m not using?you shut it down and boom it comes right back on. i know some may say well you can turn it off in setting been there done that no good.

so if you would speak out give the name of your antivirus  that you trust and say why you trust it.

i look forward to hearing all opinions on this matter .

• Like 1

I use intego which is specifically made for Macs even though it also protects my virtual Windoz. It was recommended to me by an avid Mac guy at work and although expensive it does come as a complete package. It even comes with washing machine which clears up duplicated files etc.It has an Identity scrubber and a firewall and of course does all the usual real time scanning of everything I want it to. It doesn't seem to slow anything down either.

• Like 1

i use eset nod32 and have for years. i like it because i have never yet had a virus on my pc while using it. it also has a program built into that allows you to locate your computer if it is stolen and turned on. its called anti theft protection. i use my laptop alot in other places so its very handy for me. also finding serial numbers to register are very easy to find.

• Like 1

I use muti as I got multi systems - I use Norton360, Eset, F-Secure, Norton for Severs, McAfee on my Phone (It's Free)

I also haven't caught a virus yet - Knock on wood :D

• Like 1

I use comodo internet security . I love the firewall and sandbox features are good too.

• Like 1

I think I've tried most that are out there but for awhile now I have been using and recomending Avast, it has the general support features of most other AVs and keeps itself up to date although when updating is a bandwidth hog but I think that is important for it is a priority. I don't use the email scanner for the same reason, I use web based emails. I haven't had a virus while I've had it installed and running. It is quick to respond to any possible threats and not too much of a system hog.

I know with some AV software that have extras you turn them off in settings and they still run in the background waisting system resources but some you can turn these extras off in services, I hope that helps you some with ID Protection, I haven't used AVG for a few years now.

• Like 1

thanks for all the info it really did help -- maybe it will help others too ;)

• Like 2