ghostxdreams2

A funny thing happen to me 2-day

for a few weeks now Google chrome has really been pissing me off one way or another

*it was my own fault come to find out not chrome*

so any way i get up this morning got to my mail and low and behold i have a email saying.

Hi Ghost, 

Someone recently used your password to try to sign in to your Google Account****************** This person was using an application such as an email client or mobile device. 

We prevented the sign-in attempt in case this was a hijacker trying to access your account. Please review the details of the sign-in attempt: 

Friday, July 11, 2014 7:13:59 AM UTC 
IP Address: 108.0.8.142 (pool-108-0-8-142.lsanca.fios.verizon.net

If you do not recognize this sign-in attempt, someone else might be trying to access your account. You should sign in to your account and reset your password immediately. 

needless to say i was happy that it was prevented but it got me to wondering how and when did this start?

so as i,m sitting here drinking my coffee and scratching my head i started going over what have i done within the last few days/weeks that is new?

downloaded a few movies/a few games/ a new browser ------wait a minute did i just say a new browser?

hmmm did this new browsers hold any of my user names?

of course it did ..... did this new browsers hold any of my passwords?

well yes but some of them did not want to take which by not take i mean i put in my user name and password a on a few sites and had to keep repeating the process every-time i went back to those,s sites.

now i know i,m going to get a lot of  jive from you people that run this browser that i,m going to name .

but before i get to that let me say this i have been on the net for a very long time i was on the net when it was mainly mirc

i know this is really showing my age here but i was using win 3.0 on dial-up and thought i was king of the world lol

.and in all of that time as the internet grew as did my knowledge of it.

i have a lot of programs to help prevent  this type of thing from happening

so why and how did it happen?

after a few hours of going threw my programs to make sure that nothing was out of place

*which they wasn,t everything is up to date*

i mean this person whom ever they was managed  to get one of my many passwords which all have been changed.

so like i was saying what is new that holds passwords?

this new browser that i downloaded from the official website?

so i know your saying well what is it? :huh:

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

i know there are going to be alot of people that is going to say nooooo it was something else. :angry:

i,m just saying i have never ever had this happen before till now <_<

that really sucks to because i was looking for something new but it seems to me that what i had was working i just didn,t know it  :lol:

just thought i would share this little bit of my day with you  :D

• Like 3

Did the rest of the email look genuine? i.e. how did your ISP know it wasn't you trying to access your email with your password.   I'm just curious that you are sure that this wasn't a phishing email.   It would suck if you had to change all your passwords for nothing. 

• Like 2

ya i thought of that to right off the bat.

so i went in threw the normal steps of resetting my password and when i got there it was giving a warning also that there had been an illegal attempt. it showed where i had logged in @ my area and where the attempt was in ca. like 2 hrs later lol  1,683 miles away

• Like 2

I've had that sort of email from Google only to find it was me signing in through a VPN set to  random for where it put me. It did catch me out for a while and I did change my password before I realised.

• Like 2

I, Like Grumpy have done that with a VPN, that is what I was expecting you to say Ghost...

• Like 1

I don't let any browser hold my username or passwords ;)

• Like 1

New version of Firefox out today:

http://dl.filehorse.com/win/browsers-and-plugins/firefox/Firefox-31.0.exe?st=Crgx6pKm5VaI-ECVRFNRRA&e=1406197571&fn=Firefox%20Setup%2031.0.exe