ShalaAnne

Good day to you all!

:wave:  I'm Cindy, aka ScrappyGranny-ShalaAnne-Shiloh... and many other monikers from then until now.  Cindy works just fine. I am a silver-haired blonde and new here. I also lurk a lot before posting anything, but I am posting here just to let you know that. LOL  I think I lurked at a board that I am now administrator in for about 2 years before I started talking/posting. Yeah... it's called shyness, but I'm getting over that pretty much, in my older age.   OK... my computer just made a noise that I'm not sure what it is for,  (I downloaded Windows 10, yep, glutton for punishment here). 

ANYway... wanted to say hello to you all and I think I like it here pretty well! :)

Cindy   :)

• Like 1

welcome to our very friendly family. our goal is to make your stay here as pleasurable 

as possible and help in any way we can. 

thank you for joining our forum. invite your friends there's room for everyone here.

Hi Cindy, welcome to CyberPhoenix from one of the very senior members and I hope you enjoy your stay. Please follow our rules and please ask if you need help.

Do NOT be in a hurry to upgrade to Win10 -- unless you have one of the newer Win8.1 PCs, in which case, the upgrade will probably go smoothly.  I have three Win7 machines, tried upgrade on two, both failed.  One reverted to Win7 OK but the other remained in an unusable state.  Has taken me three days of hard work to get it back to the useful state it was in prior to the upgrade.

Whatever you decide to do, BEFORE you do the upgrade, make an image backup with Macrium Reflect to an external drive.  If your PC gets trashed, that backup will save you hours or days of work.

I'm Cindy, aka ScrappyGranny-ShalaAnne-Shiloh... and many other monikers from then until now.  Cindy works just fine. I am a silver-haired blonde and new here. I also lurk a lot before posting anything, but I am posting here just to let you know that. LOL  I think I lurked at a board that I am now administrator in for about 2 years before I s :wave:tarted talking/posting. Yeah... it's called shyness, but I'm getting over that pretty much, in my older age.   OK... my computer just made a noise that I'm not sure what it is for,  (I downloaded Windows 10, yep, glutton for punishment here). 

ANYway... wanted to say hello to you all and I think I like it here pretty well! :)

Cindy   :)

Thank you, all, for a warm welcome!  :)  

As for Windows 10, I installed it a few days ago and so far I've only had to install new printer drivers and I've changed security and other settings, too. My computer is a 23 inch all-in-one and had Windows 8.1 running on it already and the 10 install went pretty well. So far I like it. I was a little concerned with my favorite graphics program working in it or not, PhotoImpact, since that will never be updated (grrrr) and it was a bit shaky at first, but it seems to have gotten it's Windows 10 legs and working just fine. WHEW!!  Yes, i have PS and others but my favorite is PhotoImpact.   oh oh ... did not make an image backup and thankfully it is ok.  :rolleyes: