Sign in to follow this  
uk666

AMD’s Ryzen 7 - 1800X sets a new world record in performance benchmark

AMD’s Ryzen 7 - 1800X sets a new world record in performance benchmark

AMD-Ryzen-7-1800X-Cinebench-R15-World-Re

AMD – the processor chip manufacturer – officially unveiled details of its new line of Ryzen CPUs at its Tech Day event in San Francisco, CA on Tuesday. It displayed the new Ryzen 7 series processors, an eight-core 16-thread family of CPUs that will feature three SKUs: the 1800X, 1700X, and 1700.

Just a day after the release, AMD’s new Ryzen 7 1800X has broken the world record for performance in CPU benchmarking suite Cinebench R15. The multi-threaded run of Cinebench R15 was completed at 5.2GHz on a Ryzen 7 1800X on all 8 cores with LN2 (liquid nitrogen) cooling that ensured the chip remained operational at -200°C. 

This model works with a base clock of 3.6 GHz and boost clocks of 4.0 GHz. Other details include an L2 + L3 cache of 20 MB (4 MB + 16 MB) and a TDP of 95W.

The testing not only achieved the amazing clock speed but also managed to get a Cinebench score of 2449 in multi-threaded tests. AMD’s Ryzen 7 1800X scored 2449 Cinebench points at 5.2GHz, beating out the previous world record of 2410.

Considering the price tag of AMD Ryzen 7 1800X is just $499, which is much, much lower price compared to Intel alternatives (i7 6900K going for $1,049), it is truly an amazing feat and a promising sign indeed for how the CPU might compare to its competition.

AMD's benchmarks

R-18b_575px.jpg

AMD's benchmarks showed that the top Ryzen 7 1800X, compared to the 8-core Intel Core i7-6900K, both at out-of-the-box frequencies, gives an identical score on the single threaded test and a +9% in the multi-threaded test. AMD put this down to the way their multi-threading works over the Intel design. Also, the fact that the 1800X is half of the price of the i7-6900K.

R-14b_575px.jpg

In a similar vein, again with the Cinebench 15 multi-threaded test, the Ryzen 7 1700X scores over and above the Core i7-6800K (its price competition) and higher than the Core i7-6900K which costs 2.5 times as much.

Processor will be available for pre-order and will receive their purchase starting March 2. anandtech

• Like 2