Sign in to follow this  
uk666

Leadership Quotes

Leadership Quotes

The older I get the less I listen to what people say and the more I look at what they do.
Andrew Carnegie

The four Cs of making dreams come true: Curiosity, Courage, Consistency, Confidence.
Walt Disney

When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.
Henry Ford

Remember the difference between a boss and a leader. A boss says, Go! A leader says, let’s go!
George E. M. Kelly

Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.
Winston Churchill

It is better to lead from behind and to put others in front, especially when you celebrate victory when nice things occur. You take the front line when there is danger. Then people will appreciate your leadership.
Nelson Mandela

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
John Quincy Adams

You fail all the time, but you aren't a failure until you start blaming someone else.
Bum Phillips

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Mark Twain

A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but becomes one by the equality of his actions and the integrity of his intent.
Douglas MacArthur

The leader sees leadership as responsibility rather than as rank and privilege.
Peter Drucker

The challenge of leadership is to be strong, but not rude; be kind, but not weak; be bold, but not bully; be thoughtful, but not lazy; be humble, but not timid; be proud, but not arrogant; have humour, but without folly.
Jim Rohn

A good leader inspires people to have confidence in the leader, a great leader inspires people to have confidence in themselves.
Eleanor Roosevelt

Leaders think and talk about the solutions. Followers think and talk about the problems.
Brian Tracy

Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help or concluded you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership.
Colin Powell

The man who promises everything is sure to fulfil nothing, and everyone who promises too much is in danger of using evil means in order to carry out his promises, and is already on the road to perdition. 
Carl Jung

Leadership is no longer about your position. It's now more about your passion for excellence and making a difference. You can lead without a title
Robin Sharma

Tact is the ability to describe others as they see themselves.
Abraham Lincoln

The boss drives people; the leader coaches them. The boss depends on authority; the leader on good will. The boss inspires fear; the leader inspires enthusiasm. The boss says I; The leader says WE. The boss fixes the blame for the breakdown; the leader fixes the breakdown. The boss says, GO; the leader says Let’s GO!
Harry Gordon Selfridge

The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things.
Ronald Reagan

A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the crowd.
Max Lucado

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
Winston Churchill

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
Harry S. Truman

A man cannot govern a nation if he cannot govern a city; he cannot govern a city if he cannot govern a family; he cannot govern a family unless he can govern himself; and he cannot govern himself unless his passions are subject to reason
Hugo Grotius

Force always attracts men of low morality.
Albert Einstein

Don't find fault, find a remedy.
Henry Ford

There goes my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.
Mahatma Gandhi

Remember that the six most expensive words in business are: 'We've always done it that way'
Catherine DeVrye

I have three precious things which I hold fast and prize. The first is gentleness; the second frugality; the third is humility, which keeps me from putting myself before others. Be gentle and you can be bold; be frugal and you can be liberal; avoid putting yourself before others and you can become a leader among men.
Laozi

The quality of a leader is reflected in the standards they set for themselves.
Ray Kroc

To add value to others, one must first value others.
John C. Maxwell

Leaders are like gardeners ... As leaders we are not only responsible for harvesting our own success but for cultivating the success of the next generation.
Susan Collins

• Like 1