shovanadhikary

DELL INSPIRON R 15 n5110 64 BIT SYSTEM

I have a DELL INSPIRON R 15 n5110 64 BIT SYSTEM. Is it recommended to load a 64 BIT Windows 7 OS or the 32 BIT OS. Which of the two would give a better performance? And would the 32 BIT softwares be supported on the 64 BIT WINDOWS 7 OS? Please help!!

64 bit is the best way to go. Better performance. 32 bit can only suport roughly 3.5 gig of ram and 64 bit sees up to 4 and up, up and up gig of ram. Top of my head I think 64 bit can support up to like 128 gig or something like that. It also depends on which OS and version you use.

As far as software goes, 7 64bit supports most things out there. Keep in mind that there is the Compatability mode and depending on how old a program is there is a small program thats called DOSbox that is great for old dos games n such.

I have 64 bit Win7 and have not ran into any problems.

• Like 2

What Win7 64 bit does is create 2 program folders. One is "Program Files" which is for 64 bit and the other is "Program Files (x86)" which is for 32 bit.

so when one uploads any 32 bit programs/ softwares in any 64 BIT OS, then the programme would automatically would get installed in the folder meant for 32 bit programs and the 64 bit programs would get installed in the folder meant for 64 bit folder. is it?

That is correct. You will still run progams as normal. By a shortcut that was created or by going to start menu. It does this so it knows if the program is a 32 bit or 64 bit. I have the 64 bit version and run 32 bit programs with no problems. By default, IE9 runs in 32 bit and Mozilla Firefox is only 32 bit for example. XP and even Vista had issues with running 64 bit and 32 bit on same machine but Win7 has solved that issue. What you do not want to do is install a 32 bit Win 7 and try to run 64 bit programs. You want to install 64 bit Win7.

As far as IE9 goes, you can run it in 64 bit but some sites will not run or if they do, will not run well. For example, Cyberwarez does not do well in 64 bit but certain video sites will run better with 64 bit.

Install 64 bit. You will not be disapointed + you will utilize ram of 4 gig or more. 32 bit only supports roughly 3.5 gig max.

• Like 1