Sign in to follow this  
hashjec

Taiyo Yuden-Watershield and Hard Coat-Burning

I have tried to make backups of certain dvd's on regular media and have great success. But they do not last long in the hands of kids.

So I ordered the Taiyo Yuden-Watershield and Hard Coat line of products but don't have good success.I get HIGH PI and PIF( errors and failures). It might be playable but might not load or stall after a while depending on where the bad burn is. I tried it on a sony optiarc, samsung sh-bo83L (combo bd/dvd burner with lightscribe**I thought this one would work for sure***) and older liteon shw160p6s. and benq burner. I think Roxio used to make a burn program that would allow you to adjust the intensity of the laser, but That was ages ago and haven't heard of any lately that will do that.

I think the coatings that make it scratch resistant and finger print resistant make it harder for the laser to get through to the dye levels. I have beautiful burns on store brand Verbatim disks but the TY brands mentioned just don't want to burn top quality disc's. I have tried multiple burn speeds on each optical drive, with slow being the best, but just not anywhere near a good burn at all.

Any one got any ideas?

i get 1.11 mm for a typical windata cd-r ; 1.19 mm for verbatim dvd-r ; 1.24 mm for the hub printable TY hard coat or watershield dvd-r.