Sign in to follow this  
jams19

windows 7 installation?

Hi,

my notebook is too slow i want to install a fresh windows. the problem is, my notebook doesnt have CD rom and it has windows 7 installed on it.

so can u guys provide me any solution to install windows using usb???

btw, i know and i can install window using external cd rom, but i don't have one.

thanks,

Hi,

my notebook is too slow i want to install a fresh windows. the problem is, my notebook doesnt have CD rom and it has windows 7 installed on it.

so can u guys provide me any solution to install windows using usb???

btw, i know and i can install window using external cd rom, but i don't have one.

thanks,

Before you begin, you will require the following:

USB Flash Drive (4GB minimum)

Windows 7 ISO Image file

UNetbootin

http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

or

Windows 7 USB/DVD Tool.

http://wudt.codeplex.com/

insert the USB drive, run UNetbootin, and select Disk Image as ISO. Browse your local drive for Windows 7 ISO that you downloaded and click Open. Now Select Type as USB and choose the drive. it will look like a bit similar to the screenshot shown below.

unetbootinmainwindows7.jpg

Click OK and it will begin extracting all installation files to the USB drive. The whole process will take some time(10-15 minutes)

unetbootininstallingwindows7iso.jpg

Once the installation is complete, reboot your computer. Now while your system is starting up press the appropriate button(usually F1, F2, F12, ESC, Backspace, or Escape) to bring up Bios Boot Menu. Change the startup order to boot USB by default, usually you will have to press F6 to move the selected USB device on top. Once done, save changes and restart the system

And your done its the normal boot up which you will go through cuz windows will guide you in installation

FAQ

when I reboot, UNetbootin window appears on screen, Default is highlighted near top of window and at bottom it says "Automatic boot in x seconds....". Once it does countdown to 1 second it just starts countdown over again saying "Automatic boot in 10 seconds...." and starts countdown again and again, etc...

So, never boots into Win7 installer....

Answer

Your flash drive is not using NTFS file system. Right-click your flash drive, click Format and choose NTFS in the file system drop-down. After this you can follow the method in the guide.

• Like 6

I might b 2 late 4 U but most pre-installed OSs have a recovery/restore portion. The option is either available while the PC posts in BIOS or some let U do it from the OS. Like my lenovo has a button right next 2 the power button that does this. [ I think that where they placed the button is an accident waiting 2 happen, but they didn't ask me when designing it. [ I could see 1 of my kids accidentally pushing this button, or even the wife.]]

Good-Luck,

dirty ;)

• Like 4

thanks from both of u guys for taking time and responded this. :yourock:

yeah you were right Mr. dirtylow there was a recovery/restore option. i did it and it worked.Once again thanks for sharing ur experience bro :)

• Like 3

Glad 2 hear. & Always H :D ppy 2 help. Thanks 4 Getting Back 2 US. ;)

U should try 2 make a clone of that drive so U don't lose UR OS & Recovery Partition.

U dont need 2 buy a external anything if U have a desktop. Well that is if U can get 2 the drive in the NoteBook. I know I have worked on some very small 1s that I had 2 take almost the whole thing apart 2 get 2 the drive. That just really wasn't worth it.

But if U flip it over & U should see a bay 4 the HD.

801b507ce6.png

Some like my lenovo its a cover the I would remove 4 all the HD the ram wifi & blue tooth.

baaca49b08.png

But make sure U have screwdrivers that fit. They seem to be made with a soft metal & even if u have the right size screwdrivers tend to get worn & could strip over time if U play with them enough or over tighten them. :unsure:

****************** If U pull the covers off of what ever bays U have & U don't see the HDD. Then just seal it up unless U have replaced a MoBo or feel comfortable doing things along those lines, because the HDD is buried under somethings & is a real pain. All those little screws.

:wacko: **************************************************

If U get it out then just slip off the adapter & UR good 2 go. Hook the HDD up 2 the desktop & clone. *******The adapter gets brittle from the heat over time so be gentile.**************

• Like 5