Sign in to follow this  
thudude

beeping noise

have a HP desktop model m8247e it has been sitting for about a year , turned it on black screen and beeeeep then pause for a few seconds and beeeeps again ...over and over again , all fans are working it sounds like its comming from hd but not sure , before i spend money on a new hd any sug. thanks

The Beep is the Bios telling that something is wrong. Like for example this happened to me B4 for my MediaCenter. The wife put a blanket over the wireless keyBoard so the buttons were pressed/held down. Now that might not be your problem but it is something like this. I would watch the machine post some time you will see a message come up quickly from the Bios, but it is so fast you cant read it you will have to get the timing just right & hit "Pause-Break" button to see this. Maybe it might tell U in the Bios if you go in there. But I would start disconnecting things like any dongles try a different keyboard or mouse. If that doesn't work the start disconnecting the CD-Rom reset the RAM pop & swap the CMOS Batt. the other guys will give some more ideas but I would start eliminating things by disconnecting them. But no I don't think it is the HDD

• Like 2

probably ur keyboard is short or some key is still pressed down. I hav the problem , if u hav warranty of ur lap they will change the keyboard

This may help

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c01732674&product=1132551

good luck

• Like 1

may be its due to failure of a component to start (it may be even because of accumulation of dust)... but it will be a very minor problem and it can be fixed easily by a professional... (as we cannot see it personally we cannot suggest anything)...

Tai, ya beat me to it. Beep codes are a way for your computer to tell you what has failed. The beep is coming from a tiny speaker on the mobo.

The table on this page is for all HP desktops, which is different than laptop codes.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=bph07107&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3385414&tmp_track_link=ot_search

The Beep is the Bios telling that something is wrong. Like for example this happened to me B4 for my MediaCenter. The wife put a blanket over the wireless keyBoard so the buttons were pressed/held down. Now that might not be your problem but it is something like this. I would watch the machine post some time you will see a message come up quickly from the Bios, but it is so fast you cant read it you will have to get the timing just right & hit "Pause-Break" button to see this. Maybe it might tell U in the Bios if you go in there. But I would start disconnecting things like any dongles try a different keyboard or mouse. If that doesn't work the start disconnecting the CD-Rom reset the RAM pop & swap the CMOS Batt. the other guys will give some more ideas but I would start eliminating things by disconnecting them. But no I don't think it is the HDD

thanks for all the tips , did like u said reset the ram and all is good that simple ...wow thanks again

• Like 1

Or you can find PCI Card Reader Code and might tell you what hardware is bad. Most common is Memory ram, Sometime the DUST get into the memory slot.. :) blow out the CRC FREE AIR can and clear out the memory slot and use static free clean cloth to wipe off the gold connector on the ram and try agian see if no more beep noise, if contiune beep, then memory gone bad. :)

ATGPUD2003