Sign in to follow this  
freak

Turtle smuggled through Chinese airport security

Turtle smuggled through Chinese airport security

Eagle-eyed airport security guards in southeast China have caught a man attempting to smuggle his pet turtle inside a KFC hamburger.

tortoise_burger_2631647b.jpg

The smuggler, named as Mr Lee, was stopped at Guangzhou's international airport on Monday morning after an airport X-ray machine detected unusual "protrusions" poking out from a sandwich inside his bag.

Smelling a turtle, airport staff asked to take a closer look. "Sir, are you sure there are no turtles in your bag?" one bewildered agent inquired, according to a report in the Guangzhou Daily.

The man, who was heading to Beijing, swore blind that his bag was reptile-free.

"There's no turtle in there – just a hamburger," he stammered. "There's nothing special to see inside."

But the turtle's sesame-sprinkled cover was already blown and Mr Lee was forced to admit to the existence of his travelling companion.

CODE

They call me rigor mortis tortoise...

• Like 1

And I thought when the US said making Horse meat was Ok to eat :huh:  :(

What the  -  In 2009, a British man was arrested trying to fly out of Rio de Janeiro with more than 1,000 live spiders in his suitcase.

I think if I need to travel I will take my Truck or ride my Harley - If I'm need to cross the Ocean to visit y'all - Then I will carve a boat out of a tree and paddle my way ;)