Danm

My Toshiba Satellite A665 won't run from charger with battery installed.

My Toshiba laptop won't run from the charger with the battery installed.  I can remove the battery and it will work fine.  It will also charge the battery with no problem.  I have tried a new battery with the same problem.  When the battery gets low and I plug in the charger it still runs from the battery until it runs out of power then shuts down.  Anyone have any idea what my problem is and how to fix it?  Thanks for any help. :wacko:

I'm not sure if this would help or not.  The charger will charge the battery and will run the pc if I first remove the battery.  This might help, but I'm not really sure about taking everything apart to make the fix, unless I'm sure it will fix the problem.  Thanks much for the help this has always been a great place to get help with problems.

Don't worry, it's easy as eating a piece of cheesecake. And in doubt, pls have a look at

http://www.irisvista.com/tech/laptops/Toshiba-Satellite-A665-A660/laptop-disassembly-1.htm

You will gain insight knowledge of your machine and you'll be happier for this!

The alternative is to sent it to the support and wait without it for... how much long you and I we don't know...

The only thing that I don't like in my MBP is the fact that I cannot take it apart without voiding the Apple Care... And I strongly miss it for sure... the only thing that remain to me is to look at the iFixit guides :D  and dream... :lazy2:

• Like 1

I like how fast he is working on the laptop :o:D

I'm pretty much upset with my Win8 Toshiba laptop as I've hardly used it and it's having problems :( But I won't let it beat me :gunsmilie:  Just have to find time to fix it.

Just make sure you pay attention when you take it apart and be careful with the ribbion cables as they are just glued to the board - I pulled the one off the HP laptop (Power switch) I'm giving my daughter - Schools here in the US think everyone can $ and has high speed internet :wacko: