Sign in to follow this  
eatmyshorts

Mark Zuckerberg...

I'll give you a little about the background work on this...if any of you have facebook....some of the women in Iran have started a facebook page called mystealthfreedom, they have been taking photos of themselves and of others without the hijab on. If some of you don't know what this is..it is supposed to be part of the religious "uniform" that islamic women are supposed to wear. They have been taking them off in rebellion of the laws in Iran because they don't see it as an important part of clothing and doesn't really symbolise the religion but symbolises the oppression created by the Iranian leader. Not wearing a hijab is a tremendous risk of imprisonment and/or punishment by other means...

Mark Zuckerberg, the founder of Facebook, has been summoned to appear before the judge in an Iranian court on a charge of violating individuals' right to privacy in Iran.
Due to this matter WhatsApp and Instagram have been blocked and can not be accessed.
Him or his attorney are expected to appear in the court and defend themselves against the charges.

Other cyber dissidents which have been sentenced to long-term prison sentences:

1- Roya Saberi Nejad Nobakht: 20 years
2- Amir Golestani: 20 years and 1 day
3- Masoud ghasem Khani: 19 years and 91 days
4- Fariborz Kardar Far (Born in 1986): 18 years and 91 days
5- Masoud Seyed Talebi (Born in 1993): 15 years and 1 day
6- Amin Akrami Poor: 13 years
7- Mehdi Rayshahri: 11 years
8- Naghmeh shahi Savandi Shirazi: 7 years and 91 days

Charge: Being a Facebook user

I feel it is important to support the women in their fight for freedom and equality and just because I born in England and am English should make no difference at all...there are husbands, boyfriends, friends of family all supporting them with this.

• Like 1