Sign in to follow this  
badboy1

judge me not tattoos

Hi, do people think that someone who has body art ie: tattoos are a threat or someone who brings trouble , or someone who is on the wrong side of the law , do you yourselves judge a book by its cover.....even though i am a wearer of my own body art applied to areas that can be covered and not like a billboard , why did i have a tattoo or tattoos , the truth ? well i had tattoos because i felt my skin was so plain and thats the truth...a bit like when you apply your own mark in whatever canvas you decide to decorate or change for not likeing a plain surface be it your walls in your house, and other things you can express your own individuality on.....the point of this post is at a very recent xmas party i was with other people who i work with , who know me , but people who are asociates of my MD...where invited also, i am a service engineer for a large company in the south coast, while we were at the meal, drinks were flowing and general chat was being made , and some remarks were made about my tattoos to other engineers which are friends ive had to work with on various contracts over the years......i was amazed what was said and yeah where do these people live....i was wearing normal trousers a black short sleeved evening shirt , a tie...casual smart evening wear, yes i have tattoos on my arms , not sleeves , but individual ones that represent times in my life, i really really like my tattoos , to be honest i would have more for it not being such an expensive hobby as such....my art is all on my arms....apart from 2 others on my legs..... if i was to comment on a tattoo wearer the worst place i feel which seems to be a very common place these days is on the `neck`..... and most people i speak to about this have very little to say about it apart from they disagree with that area also is a no no....but why do i feel that this is an area for not marking .....i dont know i really dont it looks bad to me....but do my tattoos on my arms look bad to others , i have asked and most say they look good , but i had them done for me ,but as we all like them that being me & the people thats all ok.....i should of worn a long sleeved shirt i suppose, then i wouldent of had comments made yeah there is that , but the comments that were made really have shocked me ... and its said to me.....what a varied layer of class that we live among and that some think they are above everyone else....anyway i am pleased i have mine and have no regrets...!!!

Good on you badboy! I have 2 tattoos, one on my lower/mid back(A huge Welsh Dragon) And my daughters name on my inner bicep, my brother is coverd in them, my sister has one, so does my mother and my Father. And I plan on getting lots more, once I can afford...But the tattoos I plan on getting, will all have something to do with something or some point in my life that I never want to forget. Now I don't understand why people would comment on tattoos, they are a life style choice in some ways, and also if the tattoo means something, then what gives that person the right to comment on your 'life' as such? To me, people who comment(in a bad way) on other peoples tattoos are quite small minded. I mean, would you comment on there say, ear piercing? People wont because it is much more the 'norm' to have an ear piercing, so why can't tattoos be so? They are just a form of art at the end of the day.

Just my 2 cents...

ctd :)

Its not the tattoos that make the person, it is the person that makes the tattoos. If that makes sense to you. Sadly we as a society have always seemed to have associated tatoos with bad people. This isn't even close to that anymore. You find tatoos on just about anyone these days. Many just desguise them most of the time. My daugter has 4 that you never see (not sure exactly the point of more that 1 if you aren't going to show them off). Anyway, tattoos are very slowly coming around as normal but until then, stop worrying about what others say. Just worry about your friends and family because when it all comes down to it, those are the people that really matter. Not some smuck sitting across the room making stupid comments. Those who talk about others in a negative way have weak minds and low self esteem. My guess is that they wish they had the gonads to get one themselves.

Just my thoughts and opinions.

Enjoy you tattoos.

fennfam3