Sign in to follow this  
uk666

Dying author writes dating profile for husband

Dying author writes dating profile for husband

_94935483_amy.jpg

An author dying of ovarian cancer has written a dating profile of her husband so he can find "another love story". Amy Krouse Rosenthal lists his best qualities and says she hopes "the right person reads this [and] finds Jason".

"I have never been on Tinder, Bumble or eHarmony," she writes in the New York Times. "But I'm going to create a general profile for Jason right here, based on my experience of co-existing in the same house with him for, like, 9,490 days." She invites her readers to meet Jason, saying: "He is an easy man to fall in love with. I did it in one day."

Then, she begins a sort of dating profile for her husband: "I have never been on Tinder, Bumble or eHarmony, but I’m going to create a general profile for Jason right here, based on my experience of coexisting in the same house with him for, like, 9,490 days." She goes on to explain his appearance - 5ft 10, weighing 160 pounds with salt-and-pepper hair and hazel eyes - and lists his characteristics.

We learn, from her beautiful writing, that Jason is a sharp dresser, uncannily handy, a great cook, a dreamy travel companion, a painter and loves live music. "He is an absolutely wonderful father," Amy writes. "Ask anyone. See that guy on the corner? Go ahead and ask him; he will tell you. Jason is compassionate — and he can flip a pancake.

Amy is known for writing books for children, as well as memoirs about her own family and life. She and Jason have been together for almost three decades and have grown-up children.

Towards the end of her essay, called You May Want to Marry My Husband, Amy writes: "I am wrapping this up on Valentine's Day, and the most genuine, non-vase-oriented gift I can hope for is that the right person reads this, finds Jason, and another love story begins.

"I'll leave this intentional empty space below as a way of giving you two the fresh start you deserve."

There then follows a blank white space.

She ends: "With all my love, Amy." bbc

• Like 2

This is so Sweet, I think I going to go cry

teary-sad-face-smiley-emoticon.png

• Like 2