Jongikz

making my games available on the network

good day to all

is there a way for my games to be available to my network pc without installing it?

i mean, i want to launch them through shortcut but the files is on my server pc

sorry if i ask, im very noob regarding it

i just happen to start a small shop and want to share my games to my client pc without installing it

so that i will not update all pc all the time since almost all my games are online

thank you so much in advance sir

Jong

I don't think u can play unless u have them installed in the pc .. the reason why im saying that is i used to play CS in a pub and the main server has the installed files and all the other systems had it installed it in themselves only we couldnt delete them or install them ( since its not our pub) but the reason its installed like that is for lan servers to work ..... what i mean to say according to my knowledge is ... no u cannot play unless u have it in your pc the server can only help u in terms of lan play and easier installation

PS : correct me if im wrong this is just my view

And please create a thread in the appropriate section from here on this is a application Request section not the Helpdesk

ahh ic, thank you so much sir,

sorry if i have posted this on a wrong section, so sorry, can you move it sir?

i am aware of the section but the problem is that im in doubt what is the best section for this, so sorry sir

i have seen a cafe near to us but due to the fact that their technician dont tell me, i have search and ask our experts here since i believe some of us knows how to do it

the games is on the server/host pc on LAN

thier client is 15pc and 1 server pc

when i try to open the games, it shows like a .bat file loading in dos mode then the game runs

when some of the games are updating, it updates only once since the file is on just 1 pc, the server

i have tried to dig on google but i couldnt see how,

sir, if you know how to do it, please let me know

thank you in advance

dnapzter,

This is a tough one and not sure what game you are refering to and are u wanting to setup a game on a server or just networking it as shared.

if I am not mistaken, most games will not allow shared without having installed on each pc or at least part of the game. If you are looking to setup as a multiplayer then of couse the game itself has to be a multiplayer type game and setup on a server. Even at that, some require seperate installs on each pc. Now I do have a game that did not require an install and I am able to run it over a network. Bad thing is, I can't remember who I downloaded it from so I cant tell you where to get it.

What may help is if you can tell us what game you are wanting to share and we can look into if further.

Thanks for the reply mam/sir.

Actually, the scenario is this..

I have a small internet shop.

Most of my customers are gamers, only few are chatters using ym, skype, facebook, etc

Most games they play are online games.

The tendency of most online games are the updates from time to time.

When update comes, it is good if the patch is a small one, but if the update is big, got a problem since my connection is not so good which is the only available here in our place.

What i am trying to say is if it is possible to share the games on my server/host pc, so everytime there is an update, only 1 update is done since the files are on my server shared pc

You might want some kind Virtual Drive mounting ISO on the server and can do up to 32 CD/DVD, then you can play and install each pc without needing CD/DVD.. all it share map drive over the server to pc.. :) I also heard called Game Jackal Pro or Enterprise..

ATGPUD2003