Placid Warez

Message for CW uploaders

Now that the dust is settling from the filesonic/megaupload etc. closures, people are settling towards new hosts. This is great, but uploaders seem to spend about 2 seconds deciding which one they go with, and then that's it.

A lot of the time they are using hosts that allow hardly any free downloads, which means users cannot assess whether it's a decent site and worth paying membership for - and I think many people are not willing to pay for subscriptions if they lost before.

People like sokolovski and bookuploader, you guys work hard and we appreciate the efforts - but take a minute or 2 to think about whether it's worth uploading gigs of stuff that only a handful of people will download, or upload less and put it on sites people can actually use. Check the max file size a free user can dl. Otherwise you're just wasting your own time.

• Like 3

Hello there ,

There are several issues regarding this and every member wants a different host it is practically impossible to satisfy every single one of them unless there is a common platform for file hosting like what you have mentioned. some ask for rapidshare some ask for mediafire some go with the new filehosts some stick to the traditional standard live ones regardless of new hosts...

As a CW uploder we face some issues with file hosts like mediafire where in they split every 200mb and rapidshare who don't allow multiple downloads in a day ( provided the files are small they do) but if the size is big they ask for rapid pro.. literally everyone of them do the same currently there is a list of free hosts which is not official yet but this is what all uploaders use

http://www.cyberwarez.info/forum/topic/75334-free-file-hosting-websites/

premium accounts really does save your day time and everything else but as u said it isn't worth getting one since you aren't sure what might happen to the file host i suggest you either become a VIP member IN CW and enjoy all free premium accounts and the other benefits.

http://www.cyberwarez.info/forum/subscriptions/

Here is a list of free premium link generators if you go past the limit

http://www.cyberwarez.info/forum/topic/84671-premium-link-generator-list-for-free-users/

If you are unsure of becoming a VIP then i suggest you get yourself multi premium account i mean zevera that way you can never worry if one file host is down you still have plenty more to go and they keep adding new hosts which is good and cheap.

Cheers to all CW staffs for their Hard work :cw):

http://zevera.com/USDefault2.aspx
  • Like 2

For years I have had premium Rapidshare, megaupload , mediafire, and on occassion other filehosts too. If I want something bad enough I'll pay a month's premium on a file host to get it. Other members do the same ...my friends over the years certainly did. My decision to go with the filehost I can upload to came from long years of experience and was not as you put it a 2 second decision. Well done ol' son you managed to get every uploader onside with your words of wisdom.

Now as an uploader & probationary moderator I understand that folks just don't want to spend hard earned cash especially on file hosts. CW forums understands this too and as such we are working with members found guilty of just posting premium access material. I have soft deleted countless premium access only threads and have sent pm messages to those who I have discovered.

Given the way the whole situation is.......... which has not settled by a long shot we should be grateful for the work that uploaders & official uploaders alike do here. They are the risk takers they are the ones that could be explaining their actions to their ISP or worse still the media moguls.......

Yes there are some good & bad filehosts too choose from however it is the uploader's right of choice to upload to. I chose rapidshare as it survived the so called holocaust Now those who don't like rapidshare can ask me to upload to another filehost & if I'm able to then I will. Forums with too many restrictions on file hosts don't last I know I was on many Katz forums.........

If you find you can't download a file from a filehost as a free user because it's too big you can always pm the uploader and ask him/her to split the file into smaller parts.

By the way the 2 members you mentioned are not official uploaders in CW and their work is appreciated even though they are not bound by the conditions official uploaders are. Not that that matters. I suspect that your comments made about sokolovski and bookuploader will go unoticed by many here including them.

I'm an old hand, been doing what I do for a long time and have realised that some folks want everything their way....... could it be the case here?

The senior staff along with admin make the decisions here and I can assure you from my experience on many forums they are good at what they do. If they decide to cut back on filehosts so be it. So sit back relax and enjoy the forums. Try a search or two and find another fliehost you can download from.

without prejudice

koolrebel

• Like 1

For years I have had premium Rapidshare, megaupload , mediafire, and on occassion other filehosts too.  If I want something bad enough I'll pay a month's premium on a file host to get it. Other members do the same ...my friends over the years certainly did. My decision to go with the filehost I can upload to came from long years of experience and was not as you put it a 2 second decision. Well done ol' son you managed to get every uploader onside with your words of wisdom.

Now as an uploader & probationary moderator I understand that folks just don't want to spend hard earned cash especially on file hosts. CW forums understands this too and as such we are working with members found guilty of just posting premium access material. I have soft deleted countless premium access only threads and have sent pm messages to those who I have discovered.

Given the way the whole situation is.......... which has not settled by a long shot we should be grateful for the work that uploaders &  official uploaders alike do here. They are the risk takers they are the ones that could be explaining their actions to their ISP or worse still the media moguls.......

Yes there are some good & bad filehosts too choose from however it is the uploader's right of choice to upload to. I chose rapidshare as it survived the so called holocaust Now those who don't like rapidshare can ask me to upload to another filehost & if I'm able to then I will. Forums with too many restrictions on file hosts don't last I know I was on many Katz forums.........

If you find you can't download a file from a filehost as a free user because it's too big you can always pm the uploader and ask him/her to split the file into smaller parts.

By the way the 2 members you mentioned are not official uploaders in CW and their work is appreciated even though they are not bound by the conditions official uploaders are. Not that that matters. I suspect that your comments made about sokolovski and bookuploader will go unoticed by many here including them.

I'm an old hand, been doing what I do for a long time and have realised that some folks want everything their way....... could it be the case here?

The senior staff along with admin make the decisions here and I can assure you from my experience on many forums they are good at what they do. If they decide to cut back on filehosts so be it. So sit back relax and enjoy the forums. Try a search or two and find another fliehost you can download from.

without prejudice

koolrebel

Rapidshare is a good host. You seem to have taken this personally, when it seems clear the points I'm talking about do not apply to you at all. Martyr much?

Anyway, here's an example link of what I'm talking about (from posts here at cw):

http://www.filemaze....Hebrew.rar.html

600mb on a filehost that I've never successfully managed a free dl from. ZERO downloads after a week for the file. Check back in a month and see what's changed.

Here's another one:

http://www.filemaze....ection.rar.html

2gb, I'm willing to bet that one will remain on 0 forever more.

Would you say it was time well spent hosting the files on filemaze? Sadly, these files are both parts of examples of fairly large collections and there are many more out there.Do you think we should encourage or discourage this?

Rapidshare is a good host. You seem to have taken this personally, when it seems clear the points I'm talking about do not apply to you at all. Martyr much?

Anyway, here's an example link of what I'm talking about (from posts here at cw):

http://www.filemaze....Hebrew.rar.html

600mb on a filehost that I've never successfully managed a free dl from. ZERO downloads after a week for the file. Check back in a month and see what's changed.

Here's another one:

http://www.filemaze....ection.rar.html

2gb, I'm willing to bet that one will remain on 0 forever more.

Would you say it was time well spent hosting the files on filemaze? Sadly, these files are both parts of examples of fairly large collections and there are many more out there.Do you think we should encourage or discourage this?

LIke Koolrebel said i can bet those files which were uploaded were not uploaded by a official Cw uploader and if it was uploaded by a member nothing can be done about it everyone has their own choice its is only unlikely that your files had to come through such a host then again there are several alternatives for this

first you can try contact the uploader ask him to upload ina different host

second you can post it in the request section where mostly Cw uploaders and other staffs will upload in proper file hosting websites

Sorry I realize my phrasing has not been clear - I meant people who upload here in general, not specifically the group/club of CW.

The times I've asked posters about re-sizing/re-upping the answer was the same each time - buy premium. However in future I'll try my luck in the requests area.